15.10.14

Simple food for someone who lost a tooth ....

Finally I can eat with the other side of my mouth where the extraction took place last Saturday, though I tried to be careful and grind the food slowly. Thanks for all the well wishes in my previous post as well as sharing your stories on toothaches and fear of dentists. Its indeed therapeutic ! In fact, I noticed I have lost 1.5kg in three days, probably due to the light diet like porridge as well as simple diet like the below. My family and  I was at Teck Sing Restaurant in JB which is famous for their herbal chicken or known locally as 'paper wrap chicken' with the locals. The chicken meat was soft since it was steamed with herbs and it really absorbed all the fragrances of the herbs, which makes it very delicious. This is a must ordered dish whenever we are there. I was also interested in their curry fish head which a lot of folks ordered but I guess I have to leave that for the next trip.

This restaurant has been in JB for a very long time and also very popular with Singaporeans, as it was just a short drive from the Woodlands CIQ, at Taman Sentosa. It's very difficult to find a parking there too!

The herbal or paper wrap chicken

Other than the chicken, we ordered mostly simple and soft food like the below. It's also good for the children to have something easily digestible.

Long beans cooked with meat

I love their bean sprout...yummy

And this is especially for me - Japanese tofu with mushrooms.
My appetite is back but hope I can maintained the weight that I have lost! LOL...

29 comments:

  1. Now that sure is hardly what anyone would call simple. We used to chant this rhyme:
    Ang goo goo
    Bo gay ciak tau hu! (No teeth, eat tofu)
    Normally, I would be having porridge on the day of the extraction. Next day, back to normal already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahhaa....it's indeed cute! Well, I did have porridge on that day for lunch. This was the dinner.

      Delete
  2. I extracted my upper left wisdom tooth too around last year, and I ate porridge for a few days.. And Quaker oats+Bovril.. No rice and nice dishes like you, not even tofu..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Princess - If can eat rice , then must eat else no energy.

      Delete
  3. Chris, good to know that you are recovering and able to eat. All the dishes up there get thumbs up from me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phong - Thanks, fully recovered already. Thanks to my protein drink from Amway. :)

      Delete
  4. wah!!! so good you lost 1.5kg in just a few days!! haha, so not too bad from suffering from the toothache huh?? hehe :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - Yeah lor ... I was surprise too but gaining back ... :(

      Delete
  5. wah, are you joking or being ironic?? those food you call them "simple"?? then I wonder what food you have when you say they are "not simple"!! hehehe~~ :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - OK wat...one meat , 2 vegetables and 1 tofu for 3 big, 2 small pax.

      Delete
  6. oh I actually love the herbal chicken, the long beans with minced meat and also the tofu with mushrooms!! and glad that you finally can savor some good food!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The paper wrap chicken attracted me the most...

    I can't recall which side, left side or right side when i extract my wisdom tooth, i was given 1 week mc, that time, can't really eat cos of the uncomfortable...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon - Yours likely an operation else won't give so long.

      Delete
  8. You will usually lost some weight when you have toothache and extraction. It works faster than all those sweaty exercises. Haha.

    Lovely dishes. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose - hahaha ... but these are the unhealthy type of weight lost.

      Delete
  9. Great to see you've your appetite back, it might take few more days to gaining back your weight! Hope you're getting better and better!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. ehh... i thought tooth extraction was a few days ago, still pain ar?

    ReplyDelete
  11. With all those food, where can maintain, bro!! hahahaha.. sure gained double if not triple..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't enjoy too much or you'll gain back what you lost! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simple but delicious. Very comforting food like my mom cooks

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, u can do nerves extracting if you want to keep the tooth. However, bad tooth is sthg unbearable. Nerves extracting is not painful as many thought n worth doing to keep a tooth for old age.

    ReplyDelete