29.9.14

Random Notes#4/2014

1. I have had a good weekend though Saturday was my kid's replacement class. It was my wifey birthday last Saturday and we had a simple dinner at nearby Moonlight cafe, after fetching him from school. I didn't really took the pictures of the food we had as I was busy choosing a cake for her. We celebrated her birthday at home at her request as she felt embarrassed to celebrate over at the restaurant.

2. I have been busy looking for a badminton coach for my kid. As someone who loves the game but deprived of proper coaching, I really hope to see him learn the basics well. It's also good for him to involved in a sports which will makes him stronger physically and mentally. I am a firm believer of physical workout which will benefits one's health and toughen up. Initially I had a hard time coaxing him to take up the sport but finally he is very interested in it now , thanks to his school which had badminton activities weekly. 

3. I woke up early again this Sunday morning at 6.30am to respond to a call for ushers in my church. I slept at 1am and during the service, I almost fall asleep. Luckily, I managed to hold on till my duties completed before the sermon started. hahaha... Anyway, glad I helped out as when I reached there half an hour early, the assistant Pastor was alone doing the ushering duty ! Poor Pastor, he ought to do something more important than this. 

4. Ran for 4km this evening and I have clocked almost 50km+ of running in the month of September. I guess this is a first for me in my life , though I didn't run above 5.5km each time. I felt good about it and beginning to think of a mini or half marathon. However, after reaching 5KM when running, somehow I began to feel tired and I wonder if I can last a half-marathon. hahaha... Maybe I need more training and as well as rest. Lina - Any comments?

5. I finally dine at i-Canton in JB City Square after  the place has opened for so long. It was not cheap but the food was really great. We had something simple only in wanton noodles and porridge instead of those extravagant food like abalone and etc. 

Dry Wanton noodles - It's really nice and the wanton are big with lots of meat. I love these type of wanton noodles.

The soupy one ...for my kid. Delicious too!

Siew mai ... didn't ordered too many dim sum besides this was har gau. It's big and juicy.

Some cute pig buns which contains lotus paste inside for my kids. 

53 comments:

  1. Funny with the pigs.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to play badminton a lot when I was in secondary school, love the sport

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated birthday greetings to your missus! God bless and a great year ahead. Ahhhhh!!!! She's just like my daughter - did not want anyone to know, preferred to keep it low key.

    Dim sum! Looks good, love those pigs. I had dim sum too that day - blogpost on it tomorrow.

    Bad bad boy!!! Sleeping during the service again, eh? Reminds me of the Garden of Gethsemane. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STP - Yeap, saw your post today! Nice delicious dim sum there !
      haha... I almost fell asleep but didn't sleep... still manage to hold on ! LOL

      Delete
  4. Hi cute piggies. You are sure too cute to be eaten!

    Lol. Next time sleep early if you to be usher. It is a very important job! My hubby been ushers and helping out once a month back in Kuching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose - I thought so too... too cute to eat and don't come cheap.
      Well, I watched a football game the night before and that explained why..haha

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday to your wifey.. She looks really sweet and young.. Your princess looks exactly like her, very sweet and pretty too.. That pig buns caught my attention the most, don't mind eating it, but they look too cute to be eaten.. haha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Princess - err.my little princess don't look like me meh ?

      Delete
  6. #1.. aww, belated happy birthday to your wifey!! I'm sure you had a great celebration for her.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. #2.. good that your boy is taking up badminton and is interested in it.. yes, exercise is good for health.. so what about your girl??

    ReplyDelete
  8. #3.. aiyoh luckily you were able to hold on.. if you dozed off and snores loudly, then really bikin malu, muahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - yeah lor and I was hao lian ... sitting almost near the front where the Pastor can see me clearly!

      Delete
  9. #4.. woot woot!! congratulations on that achievement!! soon you will be able to run that distance one shot, then can go running in marathons or even ultra marathon events!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - Hope so but as mentioned when I reached 5-6km .... I will puncture... as lina said... need a training plan.

      Delete
  10. #5.. fuyoh!! nice meal at i-Canton!! and I like the two piglet buns!! haha so cute and nicely done leh.. did your kids ask for more?? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - errr... somehow they like the buns but don't like the taste. Ended up my wife and I ate it. hahah

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. aiyo...but once a while ok la... have your own quiet time with the Lord.

      Delete
  12. I can eat wanton noodle everyday without being sick of eating it...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hah..the pig bun certainly looks tempting to order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yee Ling - Looks nice but somehow not tasty..:(

      Delete
  14. Follow a training plan.

    Running a 5K and a 21K is a different ballgame altogether.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lina - yeah ...thanks. However, I think I don't really have time to train right now. Let me settled some priorities first.

      Delete
  15. Happy belated birthday to your wife.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love dry wanton noodles! One of the things I had after coming out of hospital. Yums!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Belated birthday to your wife :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Replies
    1. Ken - wah ...you really food expert. Yes, it's canton-i

      Delete
  19. Yes saw in your FB, your dear wifey's birthday, so sweet~ ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes saw in your FB, your dear wifey's birthday, so sweet~ ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy belated birthday to your wife!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wah! Woke up so early to be an usher? Luckily you didn't slept halfway LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh follow in Lina's footsteps? Getting into all these running and marathon thingy? So next time you will be blogging about running right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FoongPC - I think not so soon ... I got too many things to do.ahhha

      Delete
  24. I love Canton-i! Btw, it's Canton-i not the other way round hehe. I have eaten at the outlet in JB City Square but I just hate the long queue! In PJ and KL, no more long queues unlike when it first started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FoongPC - yeah, Ken jut corrected me..it's Canton-i Yes, there was a long queue too when I was there. Their business really so good. Next to it was Dragon-i.

      Delete
  25. Happy Belated Birthday Mrs Au. Does she read your blogs? If no, then wish her for me la.
    I would also be shy when friends threw me birthday surprises like how this gang of our bloggers did this year. I was so stunned and speechless inside the Japanese restaurant as it was too unexpected and early to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TM - hahaha... she got no time to read my blog la... too busy caring for the kids. Maybe FB la...

      Delete