13.10.14

Wrong timing!!!

 I travelled to Seremban to celebrate my father in law's birthday last Saturday during the Hari Raya Haji's long weekend, and it seems a good weekend but a breakfast spoilt everything. I was having a simple breakfast with coffee and bun only but somehow, one of my wisdom tooth seems bit on something hard in the bread. There was no pain yet as I finished my breakfast but that side of the tooth gradually beginning to exhibit some sensitive kind of pain and after a little while, it began to pain. Since we needed to go to Seremban, I got myself some pain killers hoping that it will go away and might be gum problems. However, the pain affected me and I asked my wifey to take over the wheels when we were around Yong Peng.

The toothache started showing its menacing side when I reached Seremban at my in law's place. It got more and more painful and I needed to take two Panadol Actifast to control it. It helps for 2 - 3 hours and it came back. I tried Panadol 650 and its also the same. There were no dentists over the long weekend too. I even woke up in the middle of the night due to the excruciating pain and have to take painkillers in the middle of the night.

Back to JB and I quickly called my dentist and oh man ... he was on leave till Nov. Thus, I gotta go to another clinic which always gave me the shivers somehow.  I guess probably it's due to their ambience or something. Consulted the dentist and it was confirmed it's my wisdom tooth which needed to be extracted. However, the dentist refused to extract yet as the tooth was still painful and instead gave me antibiotics, anti-swollen medications and stronger painkillers. It was a tough three days as I was getting more and more nervous waiting for the procedure on last Saturday. It's been a long while since I had my last extraction and I was really nervous about it. And, well its finally done.

Meanwhile, I discovered a newly open Japanese restaurant at Permas Jaya and decided to try it. I didn't note down the restaurant name.

Ebiko Sushi for my kids

Sake Maki - my favourite sushi. 

Miso Ramen for my wife and little princess

Teriyaki Salmon for my kid

And, Shioyaki salmon bento set for me
The food seems good, and I may visit this restaurant again! And, I have to eat my bento and sushi at one side of my mouth!

34 comments:

  1. Oh dear, poor you! I know what it is like. Many years ago I had problem with my wisdom tooth, left side and right side! They were trying to come out but there is no space already. One side will flare up giving me pain and fever. I can't even open my mouth because it would cause a lot of pain. When one side subside, the other side would flare up. In the end, I had to have them extracted. Hope your extraction goes well and you will recover and be comfortable again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phong - wow..that's terrible! Glad the ordeal is over for you. Even worst than me. Yeah, Im recovering now but I cannot ate at that side yet, maybe wait a few day more. Still on medications.

      Delete
  2. Hi prince.. Glad the pain is over now, and you can enjoy your meals again.. I got my upper left wisdom tooth extracted too, around last year.. It was really painful too, especially at night.. It comes real scary, especially at night.. I know the pain :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks princess. Yes , the toothache at night is really hell of a time and it get even worse when you thought of going to the dentist.

      Delete
  3. ouch...i know how it feels. Cham ....own dentis not around. Me too uncomfortable go to other dentist.

    Yup...they wont extract if it is still swollen. really like hell leh.

    Hope yours get better soon now that it has been extracted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kucing - it's really wrong timing. My gentle dentist was on leave and I gotta go to the alternatives. Luckily there are still dentists around. Some are really fully booked for weeks. Yes, recovering now.

      Delete
  4. I had both my wisdom tooths extracted many years back as advise by the dentist...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon - I had one extracted during my late teens.

      Delete
  5. Ouch! Sorry to hear about your tooth! :x

    I had a similar experience in Indonesia and had to wait for a long time to get it treated. Hope you recover soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Japanese! Oooo...so all your wisdom gone lah? Not wise anymore. Hehehehehehe!!!! Toothaches, I would massage in between the knuckles - works wonders, gone in no time at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot imagine the pain considering you have to take the painkiller to soothe the pain.

    Hope it's all good now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yee Ling - the past week was hell and I got works to do too. Well it's over now and healing time.

      Delete
  8. aiyoyo.. been there gone through that!! for just one morning i already cannot take it, but you have to bear the pain for almost a week!! oh, i really "pei foo" you lah..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - frankly I have seen the worst so can still tahan. I did bridge and crowns before as well as endured almost 10 jabs in another wisdom tooth removal during my late teens.

      Delete
  9. i had my extraction of one of the molar two years ago.. that extraction was actually a month after i have got it filled, charged RM300 for that and yet the filled came out and causing the pain again.. in the end, i have to got it extracted because the tooth was already broken into two!! if i knew i don't even have to waste that RM300 to fill it, but straight away extract it which was just RM100.. duh!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - aiyo. ... you should do root canal instead , save your tooth. But the process can be long. 5 visits I think.

      Delete
  10. haha, so after the extraction of your wisdom tooth, you can finally feast!! OMG, that was indeed such a scrumptious meal, and great that your family also like Japanese like you do..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - hahah....time to reward myself for the pains that I have gone thru.

      Delete
  11. I know how toothache is. It can kill you!!! I had a toothache twice early of the year. Eventually it gone away and I did not need to extract any tooth *touch wood*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose -it wouldn't kill but give you headaches. Actually I have a dentist in my laws house but she can't do anything without the equipments. She asked me to take painkillers.

      Delete
  12. I know how it feels, Chris. When my second molar tooth was badly infected (around a fortnight after it started aching), I was in such agony that I couldn't sleep at night and broke out in tears due to the pain; resorted to rubbing salt on it and using my fingers to adjust the shaky tooth. I immediately went to have it extracted by my lovely dentist, who said that I had to have it removed asap or the infection will enter the bloodstream and cause more problems (since he knows that I don't fancy painkillers). History was repeated in the form of my last wisdom tooth (had all four removed in two periods), but the pain wasn't as severe. =)

    Anyways, am glad that you're free from the excruciating pain. Hope you recover soonest possible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waverly - Poor you. It seems most of us has gone thru terible toothache. Glad it's all over now but there may be few to come in the future. I make it a point now to visit the dentist yearly.

      Delete
  13. I am also going to the dentist to extract my teeth, very scare of the injection into my gums

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Libby -Ask for the numbing gel, it almost make the injection painless.

      Delete
  14. wow, started to feast right after that eh? haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tsk tsk. Eat ice cream mah after extracting tooth. The ebiko sushi so messily wrapped one..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merryn - Aiya .. after that I no mood already la cos it's still bleeding. It only stops in the evening.

      Delete
  16. Oh must be really suffering with toothache for so many days!! Glad it's over now! But so fast go eat Japanese food already? Haha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FoongPC - Not just Japanese food ... been enjoying good food for the past few days ..LOL

      Delete