7.10.14

Get active!

Hope you guys have a good long weekend and well, it's back to work on Tuesday. I am on leave today in order to rest from all the travelling over the weekend but will go back to Singapore tonight. I miss exercise and sweating it out, thus, I am planning to go to the gym later for a short workout and a run.

Well, last Wednesday after a badminton session, I was having dinner with my colleague and we talked about folks who work too hard and never exercise. The stress build up over the years with late nights and munching on unhealthy food were deem too bad for the body. My colleague was also very active in physical exercise and we thought folks who suddenly struck with a disease due to stress and inactiveness, are really not worth it. The company can always replaced the person but the family cannot replace the family member. We make it a point to always make time for exercise though of course, it does not guaranteed we will be disease-free but at least, it's better than no exercise. After all, a doctor once told me physical exercise can help prevent certain old-age diseases. Anyway, this is just our opinion.

Had a company gathering in Swensen and I decided to go for their Sirloin Steak and an ice-cream. 
The steak was delicious, done to my requirements which was medium-well, not so raw and not too cooked. It was just nice and dipping into the black pepper sauce was really good!! I am yearning for another steak now...hahaha... afterall, the piece of meat was not so fat, mostly lean meat.
My Medium-Well Sirloin Steak

Dark Chocolate 'sticky' ice-cream 
The ice-cream was nice too but it's a little bit sweet and after finishing it, I really felt the 'fullness' in my stomach. I guess I should order simple ice-cream next time like three scoops or banana splits. Have a good week and workout, folks!

31 comments:

  1. wow chocolate! fattening la bro lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's dark chocolate so okay lah. I dont even know Swensen serves steak!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merryn - I also dunno. Long time didn't go there.

      Delete
  3. Steak at Swensen? I thought they only have ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "...folks who work too hard and never exercise..." Me lah!!! I guess exercise is good but must know how to relax and enjoy too. Spending quality time with the family is a good way of doing that. I listen to soothing music as well.

      Delete
    2. Stp - not really la but then try to take some brisk walks. It helps.

      Delete
  4. Ooohh, I love Swensen, used to have one at a mall near my parent's place, but they closed it down after a year of opening.. Yep, I love theirs steaks and ice cream (what else).. Nothing can go wrong with banana split, slurrrpppp..

    ReplyDelete
  5. If i dont exercise, i will find something amiss

    ReplyDelete
  6. the moral of the story is.......work hard play hard

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow..no wonder you so big size nowadays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reana - yeah lor ..been working hard at the gym.

      Delete
  8. I agree that we all need some form of exercise. Keeps us healthy and prepares us to be stronger in old age. Wah. love the steak and chocolate ice-cream!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Apa chocolate also I love except spicy one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, so where did you go during the long weekend holidays?? so shyiok you are still on off day today..

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes you are right, there are just too many things in our lives that are important besides our job.. that just give you a living but not a life.. it's important, though may not be easy, for us to have a balance between work and life.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha company gathering and all expenses on company, sure order something nicer that we won't usually order right?? but I'm also reasonable la, never like want to "revenge" like that, haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice sirloin steak and ice cream!! slurps slurps!! I especislly drool over the choc ice cream, i-scream!!! :p

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMYGAWD!!! How could you eat that delicious Dark Chocolate Sticky ice cream alone? That is is called sinful lah. Muahahaha

    Which gym do you go to in Singapore? I will head to FF next time I visit Singapore as my Platinum membership can go worldwide.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, must exercise! But don't overdo it also lah.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Sirloin Steak looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Health always is the one we should concern the most, with the healthy body then we only can do what we want and give less worries to who always care about us the most!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ice cream looks delicious... My favorite dark chocolate. Yum~ yum~

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow i need the dark chocolate right now please

    ReplyDelete