18.4.11

A peaceful weekend....

I dunno why I titled my posting tonight as above, well, probably this is the Easter Week. Well, everything just go so synchronize like a piece of music wherever I went for the last weekend. I do have a terrible Friday night as I can't sleep after a cup of Kopi 'kao' and watching the Passion of Christ DVD. Barely slept for 4 hours, I woke up, drove my kid to kindergarten and had an early breakie with family. Then, got my badminton rackets re-string, paid my bills and run some errands. And, before I know it, I gotta fetch my kid back from school.

Seeing both my kids as well as myself are just recovering from cough and throat infection, we decided to visit our family chinese medication doc. in kluang and then stayed overnight at my sis-in-law's place in Skudai. It was raining all the way to Kluang but I enjoyed the drive.... despite only 4 hours of rest. Chatting all the way to the destination seems make the journey so short. I do felt tired in the coming back trip and gotta slow down to 90Kmh but still enjoyed the drive.

Reached Kluang at 6pm and the drizzles stopped. And now, out of a sudden, I enjoyed a good time viewing the old street, the old colonial building and  the usual busy traffic which suddenly come to standstill. I feel like I was at the mountain , enjoying the breezy wind and quiet moments. Well, not sure whether I was raised and lived in those old colonial buildings since I was a baby and I sorta love the surroundings. Well, maybe this is what most people termed as getaway to a smaller town too.

Maybe it's just me, but I felt a moment of peacefulness somehow.I really feel relaxing!
Back to JB, I also realised I lost 3kg after almost 1 decade in a short time. LOL Thanks to my diet and strenuous exercises of late. Yeap, been eating healthily but I guess my wife enjoyed the sandwiches the most, as below during our lunch today at Moxie in Taman Sutera. She even finished all the vegetables which I can't take anymore. I was too full after finishing two gigantic sandwiches!
Sandwiches at Moxie, Taman Sutera JB

And Nicole having a good time there at Moxie Cafe in Taman Sutera, Skudai.



I am sure this will be a peaceful week for everyone!

18 comments:

  1. Moral of story - Never have coffee before bedtime :P

    I love the rain too but not when I'm on the road, especially NOT when I'm driving!

    I like Subway's sandwiches.. yum! SUB is so ME! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on your weight loss! looks like i must also eat more veggies than my cakes! it's monday, hope you have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo...the sandwiches look good! Have a Blessed Holy Week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know you lost weight! I also wanna lose some weight, but sometimes it just too hard, LOL :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the yummy healthy sandwiches!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. From Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday, i am here wishing you a great week ahead and whatever we do, let us give thank to the father in Heaven...

    Hey by the way bro, i won't have problem to sleep with coffee and tea.

    Hey i was told by a friend, worldwide Subway has taken over McD already,,,,,

    have a great week ahead

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merryn - no, i can sleep jolly well even I had kopi on non working days. Something not quite right last fri night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lena - thanks ! Just work a little bit harder in workout and eat healthily.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Smallkucing - you and family too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Filip - yeap, it indeed! Nice and juicy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. suituapui - yes yes! nice and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hayley - Just work out harder and eat well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Caroline - not easy to find such nice sandwiches around.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eugene - Yes man! Give thanks to the Lord! Well, I have no problems with coffee or tea also on non working days. Last fri was an exception.

    ReplyDelete