24.4.11

My first taste of durian in 2011.....

OK, finally I tasted durian for the first time this year and I got it from Jusco, not from the stalls in the streets...hahaha! Well, don't get me wrong, I love durians but somehow I don't have 'kakis' to eat with me. I was shopping at Jusco last Saturday night and saw some freshly wrapped durians sold there at 50% discount for the 'Udang Merah' variety. It cost RM30 before discount and we ended up paying RM15 for the box, since Jusco was closing already.

The durian was good but of course, they mixed with other seeds. Well, I guess this is common as they wanted to put the better ones and the common ones together in a pack. Anyway, great that I've durians finally and also tried the 'Udang Merah' type.

6 comments:

  1. :( Bad decision to come here and read this.. been purging the whole day and am craving so much for durian.. me wanna go to a corner and cry now :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merryn - no worries, once you are well then can eat up to your fill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If got chance, maybe we can go eat durians, i loves durian... kekeke...

    ReplyDelete
  4. just watch out, do not eat during when you're going to have badminton games, otherwise when you burp, all your mates will pengsan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris, I experienced durian four times in four visits across the ocean. How ironic that you live where it exists in plenty, but never tried it (until this year).

    My American palate has never adjusted to it. Will I ever acquire a taste for durian? I have no idea

    ReplyDelete