10.2.14

Random images of Ipoh ...

Whenever I am back in Ipoh, one of the things that I always wanted to do was to drive around for sight-seeing and taking pictures. On the second day of CNY, the roads were less congested and almost empty. That makes it a good time to drive around. Well, probably I only came back almost once a year or once in two years which makes me even more wanted to go down town.

The majestic Titiwangsa range at the east with Mount Korbu, the highest peak in the range.

Birch Memorial Clock Tower - Built in 1909 in memory of the first British Resident of Perak, J.W.W. Birch.  
Sultan Idris Shah State Mosque - biggest mosque in Ipoh.

My Alma-Mater, St. Michael's Institution

The Ipoh Padang... love the buildings in the background


Off we go to the mini 'Jonker Walk' of Ipoh next .... 

14 comments:

  1. I love Ipoh especially the hor fun. nice place to relax and enjoy the scenary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So different from Sibu, Chinese New Year. Roads are jammed, people are everywhere...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, something different for a Ipoh travelogue.. i like this, rather than everything just food, you are showing us the beautiful places of Ipoh.. awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's his blog...up to him what he wants to blog about. Of course, nice to give compliments, then perhaps he will have more posts like this one...maybe can cover JB or Singapore too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, my lovely place..those pictures were beautifully taken!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cquek -ipoh indeed is a nice place to relax !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stp - no, it's jam from the 3rd cny day onwards. 2nd day still Ok.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SK - thanks. I always love to post more pics that tell a story rather than just food.

    ReplyDelete
  9. STP - I actually enjoy taking pics around places but too bad, I don't have the time to do so. I will try to post some jb and SG sceneries.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wenn - Thanks! Thought of meeting you but afraid you are busy during CNY.

    ReplyDelete
  11. where is the mini jonker walk in ipoh

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh you probably know my many cousins who studied at St Michael's too. They used to live at the quarters along Douglas Road. I remembered it was scary and haunted at night. Wooooooo Hoooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Twilight - haha ... that place is haunted ma..

    ReplyDelete