19.2.14

Bak Kut Teh talk ....

When it comes to Bak Kut Teh, I still preferred the traditional type over the claypot type. The traditional type are those that was prepared and brewed before it was served in a small bowl. I believe they brewed the soup too, for the claypot type but then, I think the soup is kinda diluted and not as fragrant compare to the former. However, no complains .... both are still good.

The claypot BKT, which usually have lots more ingredients like mushrooms and etc.


The traditional non- claypot BKT are much simpler with only the meat but the soup was very 'thick'

I had both types of BKT over a week and my preference is still the traditional BKT. Anyway, one problem is you tend to finish the soup very fast and needed to request to add more soup, which there may be extra charges.  How about you ?

Oh... this is not relevant but then, I love this dish which was served together with the claypot BKT - 

Claypot ginger chicken
It was nice and the ginger fragrant was all over the chicken meat, which brings me to a conclusion that the dry version of  BKT should be nicer in claypot. :)

25 comments:

  1. I am not sure about other states but most Penang BKT will be served using a claypot, hardly see bowls lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ken - Yeah, most of them now in claypot. That makes the traditional type more special.

      Delete
  2. Errrkkk.. I dun take pork, but these looks good. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmm...look really very good! Slurpssss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the traditional type of BKT is better but nowadays all use clay pot style no?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The traditional type is what KK, Sabah serves! Yeah, there are less and less places serving it nowadays! I prefer claypot coz it's easier to eat, but it's fun to have the traditional type too - as long as you have a big table coz all the small bowls can crowd around if there's a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huai Bin - Claypot type not as good leh. Anyway, true ... The table will be full of bowls.

      Delete
  6. hmmm, i am quite okay with the claypot BKT because i like the soup hot and with the claypot the temperature kind of remain for a longer time.. but for me when it comes to BKT, it must have the soup it is supposed to have lah, i do not like those "dry version" or any other varied flavor..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still preferred the soupy type instead of the dry type

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kucing - Dry type more like some braised pork. I also like soupy type.

      Delete
  8. I like BKT. and I like the ginger chicken too. You gave me the idea to cook tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love BKT, especially the soup ones!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like bkt in claypot. it stays warm longer...yums!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merryn - True, claypot can retains the heat. In those bowls type, it gets cold very fast.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum yum. All look good. I love bak kut teh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still prefer the traditional BKT... the soupy one not the dry one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These photos...the food looks very good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love a bowl of bkt, especially the herb soup.

    ReplyDelete