19.5.11

A tinge of sadness...

Just got an email that my Christian care group (CG) will stopped temporarily due to some personal reasons of the CG leader. After reading the email, I felt a tinge of sadness. The small group has been trying hard to 'exist' despite the geographical difficulties of the meeting point.

This group was form to cater to the working folks in Singapore who attended the same church in JB. Unlike, other CG where it almost existed in every geographical area or to put it simply, one at every 'taman', we only have this one CG in Singapore. Thus, travellling and time management is a challenge especially for those who stayed or work far away from the meeting point. Some of the folks are from the north, some from the west and I am the worst, I worked in the far east of Singapore. I gotta travelled one and half hour to the meeting point located at the far west of Singapore and usually will reached home by midnight unless I took a cab.

I have mixed feelings when my CG leader announced the group will be closed, at least for now. Sad because I have not been committed to the group and only attended as when I'm free or available ,though as mentioned, travelling there weekly can be a challenge for me. Meanwhile, the core members of the groups, which only comprises around three members are trying hard to accommodate everyone to come to the meetings and even organised events especially on special occasions. Of course, I do felt some relief that I don't have to attend the CG for a while and have one less commitment. However, I do feel bad that I didn't contributed much to the group as I felt that once you're in a group, you have a responsible to participate and help out the group, just like what my core members tirelessly did.

I did learn a lot from the CG and I hope I will be better prepare to take on some commitments when the CG is reactivated, in the future.

19 comments:

  1. You know, it is very very taxing for the CG leader one lo,,, anyway just encourage him and it is ok for them to rest for a while, during this time,they need a lot of encouragement,,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't attend church and CG for long long time liao...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the issues will be solved soon and the meeting commence again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh? You're working in Singapore? But staying in Johore? Gee...must be really trying commuting everyday...but I guess it's the same for people working in KL, some staying as far as Seremban.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's really not easy to be committed to a CG, but once the friendship and bonding are there, you will be looking forward to every meeting in every week. hope your CG meeting will resume soon. :) happy Thursday and Friday, soon weekend will be here

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, sorry to hear about that..
    May be you can look for other similar groups?

    ReplyDelete
  7. my son attends cell group every thursday i think.. and sometimes bible studies on fridays..
    yes, cell leader is not an easy task.. i am the last person to take up.. worship leader is so much easier..

    ReplyDelete
  8. so far, I had only attended once..

    ReplyDelete
  9. eugene - yes, it;s tough. Need to attend meetings, got agenda, brief others..etc. And, since they are leader, they supposed to look after the members....quite a tall ordeal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sharon - maybe it's time to attend again?

    ReplyDelete
  11. kucing - thanks..i hope everything's allright.

    ReplyDelete
  12. suituapui - nope... weekdays in SG, weekend in JB. hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  13. YYTH - thanks...well,as i mentioned before in my previous posts, good times doesn't last but the resilience one will manage thru it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hayley - i think i take a break first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. reana - i guess it's a gift. Some are gifted to be cell group leaders.... some like you are better as worship leaders... I don;t know myself yet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. beelee- try to attend regularly, if can. It's good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. well, i hope its only for temporary. :) dnt be too sad yea. ;) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think i understand you..it's like you felt you 've neglected the group when it's still running and now it's gone! dont feel too bad abt it. once it's back again, you can definately play a more active role then.

    ReplyDelete