20.11.10

Accidents can be unavoidable

I was driving out yesterday on a clear sunny skies, less traffic and good road conditions. I was surprise to see a lorry fell on its side and occupied one of the two opposite lanes which slowed down the traffic on the other direction. While I pity the driver and the passengers and hope nobody got hurt, I was puzzle on how the lorry can get into that situation, under bright clear skies and almost no traffic. Small wonder this is likely due to human error.


Sometimes I wonder why folks likes to be aggressive while on the road. Cutting lanes on a non-designated road which creates a two lanes into four lanes of traffic, tailgating, speeding for no reasons, overtaking aggressively, double parking, talking on the handphone while driving, no signalling while turning and etc are what we saw on the roads everyday. Are they stressed out, didn't study or forgot the highway codes, inculcate the bad habits over the years, arrogance, tired and etc ?


Some accidents on the road are really unnecessary and if the drivers practise good etiquette and habits on the road, stayed out of stress, patience and humble, I'm sure besides savings their lives and limbs, it also create a pleasant driving experience for other road users. And like any other tasks, we always need a cool head when we attempt it. So, what's more with driving?

6 comments:

  1. I've seen few accident just in a month and sometimes I wonder..why it's have to be happened?...well I think it is daily lesson for us to be careful in whatever things we do. It will affect others too..driving style especially..

    ReplyDelete
  2. one needs to drive safely at all times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. but sometimes you dont langgar ppl , ppl come and langgar u :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alv - yeah, I always make it a point to drive carefully and slowly. SOmetimes I only drove at 90 or 100 km/h and a lot of folks said Im slow. Well, I guess they have forgot the speed limit is only 110km/h in the highway....

    ReplyDelete
  5. wenn - yeah, better slow and reach safely rather speed like nobody business.

    ReplyDelete
  6. smallkucing - People will always langgar u but we can avoid langgar others lor..and reduce probability of an accident. Just drive carefully and alert at all times!

    ReplyDelete