12.8.15

On insurance ...

I remember vividly in the past, whenever the typical lower to middle income folks found out someone was an insurance agent, they will always try to shun or avoid the latter. There's always the saying that I heard when I was younger that insurance is a scam and lots of people got burned. Well, of course this perception changed when I got older and gradually I realized it's actually some good financial products especially those yields good coverage and even returns.

 I just met my insurance agent who had been serving me for almost a decade. I can say she provided good services and educated me a lot on her company products though sometimes it can also be irritating when she try to push her products which gave me some kind of 'guilty' feeling if I don't invest. hahaha...  On the other hand, it's a win-win situation as she helps me to see which area of my family and I were not covered while she increase her sales. Of course, I buy intelligently and within my own means. I guess it's boils down to our own budget, coverage needs as well as find out  little on how good is the product. In my opinion, for adults, a critical illness coverage is a requisite while for kids, its nice to get them a savings policy for their education which includes some coverage.

Just some thoughts on insurance here. Over the last long weekend, my family and I was at Kinsahi restaurant in Tebrau City and we had some simple sushi and Japanese meals.

Salmon Sashimi to share 

Ebiko Sushi for my two kids - their favorites!

My lovely Salmon Sushi

A shabu-shabu for my wifey and two kids

Assorted sushi maki to share

Assorted sushis to share

And my favourite Kake Udon ... seems the pix is too dark .. hahhaa

Have a good coming weekend!

26 comments:

  1. Nowadays,everyone needs and wants insurance.. For kids, for ownself, savings, investment, it's important also la.. Especially if kena hospitalized, then having insurance is good..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Princess - Yes, unless you are very rich else needed some protection for those rainy days!

      Delete
  2. Buying insurance is good, but must be within one limits...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon - Totally agreed, cannot anyhow commit! It's mid to long term!

      Delete
  3. very true, I guess we all need insurance to actually protect ourselves as well as our family and loved ones.. just have to let the agent know our budget and capability and for sure they would be able to tailor a plan for us..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - Yes but I also dislike to let the agent knows the budget so that she don't take advantage of it ...hahaha.. I usually ask her to work out several budgets as options.

      Delete
  4. yeah, sometimes it can be rather irritating to be bugged by aggressive insurance agents who are pushy.. and especially those telemarketing calls, you do not know them and yet they want to hold you up on the line and try to sell you something.. I actually won't quite entertain them, if I need anything I will go to my servicing agent..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - I kena one and I never buy from her anymore and it's a relative too!

      Delete
  5. sushi sushi, your family's favorite.. what a bliss that all of you like the same thing, this make eating out so much easier than to have one objecting another's suggestion, haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to have insurance. I bought one for my daughter - her education policy but she got a scholarship so I just gave her the money to do as it please her. Very important - dunno what lies ahead and it would be tragic to be caught when the time comes - unable to pay for the children's tertiary education. Health is also important - there may come a day when the hospitals will be like those overseas - so expensive, no insurance...cannot admit.

    At the end of the day, it is a form or forced savings - good for people who spend every sen every month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love insurance and promote them aggressively to encourage every friend to buy. I am not an agent at all but insurance has save my life and $$ when I nearly died many years ago. That's why I am a different person today and you can see my character!

    I also love Japanese food like you but don;t eat so often cos I am too poor to feast like a Samurai Warlord. You are different and don;t eat cheap mixed rice nor vegetarian meals. Just enjoy your life Chris!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha my agent okay la. He's not pushy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Insurance is good especially medical and hospitalization but don't overdo it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will stick to agent that is not pushy. If I need anything, I will just call up and they will advice accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. good food ... i notice u love japanese food a lot , same here

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's good if we find a good insurance agent.

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I was growing up, my parents did not purchase any insurance for me. I only bought it recently. As for my kids, they are all covered. Times have changed. We are 'wiser' now. It's no longer a taboo talking about insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Insurance is forced savings and it is for protection coverage and peace of mind

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally agree with insurance, medical cards are very important too! One simple flu in a clinic would easily cost up to Rm 80!

    ReplyDelete
  16. If I am covered by one good insurance plan, that is enough already, I don't invest in too many insurance plans, but I will invest in food that i love just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. But I am concerned about liquidity, I will invest in insurance but I will buy too many cos I just need to leave some cash by my side for liquidity purpose and rainy days

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sushi and salmon my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  19. *I will not buy too many cos I need to leave some cash by my side

    ReplyDelete
  20. Insurance is not important while you're okay, but something happened, it will give a big help...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Insurance is way more important than it seems to be. It is easy to take it for granted until there is an issue where it becomes something you wish you had. It can make a huge difference in how much is spent and how much comes out of each check. I would never make the mistake of going with out again.

    Steven Keltsch @ Allied Insurance Managers, Inc.

    ReplyDelete