18.8.15

Back to Todak Restaurant ..

It was quite a nice weekend as some of my in laws were still around after attending my nephew's wedding two weeks ago as some of them decided to take a short vacation in JB and Singapore. Thus, the weekend was spent going to makan places around JB. After I came to JB on Friday , I decided to bring my two sis in law together with my family to the orang asli settlement near Masai and we patronised the well known Todak Reataurant, which is by the beach and opposite the Sembawang Shipyard in Singapore. It was a popular haunt for locals as well as Singaporeans and the place was crowded but we managed to find seats.

Todak Restaurant

Deep fried fish 

A vegetable dish to balance the meat :)

Satay as requested by my kid

Lala - love it. It was very fresh

Salted egg Crabs ... it was fresh and the meat doesn't 'stick' to the shell. And it was affordable too, RM50 per Kg. Since we ordered two small ones, it cost us RM45 for this dish... I think cannot find this price!
I had a great Friday night lunch by the beach and all in all, it cost Rm140+ which I think is reasonable.

19 comments:

  1. What a good boy to bring your family and in laws to feast on this yummy treat. You saved the best photo as last and that's my favorite crabs! The price is indeed cheap.

    I had to read your lines few times as your England is so powderful when I could not figure out whether the restaurant is located in JB and opposite Sembawang Shipyard in Singapore. Mana itu Todak? Only the RM140 confirms JB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TM - Hahaha. From the restaurant which by the seaside, you can see the sembawang shipyard which is in SG. So correct la. Anyway. The view there was awesome, I should took some pics of it. Maybe next time.
    I love crabs but no kaki to eat with me. My wife is health conscious thus I gotta wait for a company of friends or relatives to feast on it. Good also la... I eat healthily. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was craving for satay just now, now I see your satay pic

    ReplyDelete
  4. So this is in JB, eh? Crabs, lala, fish...so cheap!!! Name reminds me of the old Shaw Brothers black and white Malay movie - Singapura di-langgar todak.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super like the lala & salted egg crabs.. I love the wet & creamy type, eaten with fried buns..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey...this Todak Restaurant you blogged before right? Love the food that you ordered especially the Lala and crabs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the look of the food. Nice place to have seafood. I miss lala and crabs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am surprised that you didn't eat Japanese food this round :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a good place for the seafood lovers to earmark if they go to JB. Since you are earning SGD, the price is anytime sup sup suey for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a good treat for the family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wah, your relatives are still around there.. must be very riuh-rendah, and that is a good thing.. more people and you can go and eat more nice food dei.. and this time seafood dinner, wah, everyone must be very excited about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Todak.. looks like it's really and established restaurant with that very grand exterior.. and it is so packed with people, i can see lots of occupied tables there.. a huge place with many tables inside and outside of the compound.. wow!! i wonder would it take long for you to wait for the services??

    ReplyDelete
  13. fuyoh, i love the clams so much.. they look so fresh and then from the photo itself i can already imagine how good it is, looks like got "wok hey".. the crabs look huge but they are less than 1kg?? good, total bill only RM140, i think it's not expensive considering you have fish and crab.. good treat!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. Food looks so good. And it's very affordable too. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I miss my Chilli Crab, gonna have it soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many food and yet cost only RM140, that is cheap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Crabs!! Long time never eat crabs already! I guess since pregnant until now :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. hello blogger. dropping by your site today. great post. good day to you. :)

    ReplyDelete