24.8.15

Oh... my new baby.....

I usually used my company's notebook to settle all my computing needs including blogging but somehow lately they have tighten the security where I needed to sign in to my company's VPN (Virtual Private Network) in order even to surf the net. Thus, I don't feel too comfortable with this arrangement as I got a feeling I am being 'watch'. hahaha... Then, my pathetic netbook of 4 years has already given up on me although I tried to format it and reinstall Windows. It corrupted time and time again everytime I reinstalled it and also getting slower with some keys on the keyboard spoilt. OK, I decided to get a new notebook with a requirement of portability where I can carry it around. I shopped around for the past 1 month and ended up with a good offer from Sen Heng, though I gotta wait for almost 2 weeks for it to be shipped from KL. There's no stocks everywhere in Johor as checked by their staffs. I saved around S$300 on this baby as this seems to be the cheapest when i compared with prices from shops in Singapore and Malaysia.

And, let me introduce my new baby here - Surface Pro 3... :)

Before 'unbox'

Un-boxing ...  here comes the tablet
The stylus - I have yet to try out the functions yet except for clicking


Here's the tablet and the holder which mounted on it permanently. Its very sturdy!

After attaching the 'type cover' or keyboard. It looks like a notebook now.

The typecover 
I still need to get used to it though this is a hybrid, where I can use as a tablet and a notebook. I love the hardware here especially the high resolution 12" screen but it will takes me time to get used to... err.. rather windows 8 Pro. I am still wating to upgrade to Windows 10.

Oh...btw, due to the excitement, I needed some comfort food to calm myself down ... hahaha ... and had a nice char kway teow as well as sharing egg tarts with my little princess.




Have a good week!

27 comments:

  1. Haha you are finding yourself excuses to eat, wow it is a cool product however I prefer to use desktop as I seldom bring laptop out cos I find it troublesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Libby - haha .. Always have to find excuse to read good food . I prefer desktop too as its bigger and I can see better but nowadays I usually go from one place to another.

      Delete
  2. Have a good week to you and me! Hee Hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wah, your new baby looks so canggih.. Yeah, sometimes I feel I'm being "watched" too, but aiya, go with the flow.. I use my office desktop for blogging and banking (transfer) stuffs.. I'm eyeing on those 2 egg tarts.. I can have 10!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Princess - especially if you accidentally stumble on some illegal sites ... Haha

      Delete
  4. The egg tarts looks good, where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon - Tea garden , Jb. I think you been there.

      Delete
  5. yeah, probably that is the reason your company is tightening up the security policy because the network guy caught you using too much bandwidth in blogging during office hours and not doing your work!!! muahahaha~~ xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sk - lol... If like that no more fc for me in your blog .

      Delete
  6. I think it's a wise choice you get your own tablet+laptop so you actually separate your personal stuffs from your work laptop.. and I must say your new baby is awesomely handsome!!! it's a tablet and it's a laptop!! wow.. you can bring it out as a tablet and when at home you just attach the keyboard.. cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sk - it's till very much a notebook to me. Somehow I find it to be cluttered , windows applications and apps sitting together.

      Delete
  7. joker lah you, must have CKT and egg tarts to counter your overexcitement about your new gadget?? hehe.. BTW, I wonder did you take those shots using your new toy?? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sk - haha ... Excuse to eat unhealthy food ma

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Ken - It's been in the market for a while la... very much lighter than a typical notebook.

      Delete
  9. wow, good for you as it's so handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wenn - Yeah, it's really handy as I always on the go!

      Delete
  10. Nice baby. And yummy and creamy egg tarts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Usually people eat comfort food when they are sad or stressed. But for you, excited with new notebook pun need comfort food LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SGD300 is already almost 1K liao!!! Of course, cheaper in Malaysia, earn SGD spend MYR...3 times the value, everything will be so much cheaper. Some people have all the luck in the world! Can buy more egg tarts to go round lah...so stingy, bought two only have to share share. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WAH your new baby looks quite handsome! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your new baby. Enjoy your time with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on the Surface Pro! =) It looks really... sporty and cool! You can even write on the screen with the given pen as well...

    I'm still more comfortable with a notebook (or desktop, if I've urgent computer errands on campus) and an iPad since I grew up with it... but I definitely believe that the tablet would be easier - as it combines computer and an iPad into one. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  16. Phewit. ..new toy wor...how how?User friendly?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Rich man plays a new toy now! This is definitely handy and I like that.
    I am looking at the market now as my iPad a bit sot plug now.

    ReplyDelete