6.8.15

All the 'smart' fellas...

For the past few evenings when I was in the gym, there was this couple who were here for a workout. Well, definitely nothing wrong with it but somehow, the guy was kinda trying to act smart in front of his girlfriend and was teaching her all the wrong techniques! Somehow I bumped into them a few times as coincidentally, we are almost using the same machines, so I overheard their conversation as well as saw their workout. Well, I was like .... cmon, though its your girl, there's not a need to bullshit in order to show that you know all. He can always approached the resident instructor for help on using the machines and so on. Of course, I am no busybody and mind my business but I find that by trying to act smart, he's actually teaching all the wrong techniques to his friend and worst still, she may hurt herself!

That also brought me to my younger days when I was trying to learn badminton. There were so many 'coaches' around me and teaches the poor me all the right and wrong stuffs, where mostly wrong stuffs. :P Thus, that's the reason why I decided to send my kid to the badminton academy so that he learnt the proper basics.

Ok, that's all for the rantings. It's will be a long weekend in SG in conjunction with her 50th anniversary and the National Day will have an extra day off. Thus, we will be off from Friday to Monday and back to work on Tuesday. :) And, finally, I had my Shokado Wazen bento again tonight... how I miss it!!


Have a good weekend! :)

32 comments:

  1. That's exactly the reason I don't go to the gym. I don't know how to use the equipments there and neither do William. So we opt to swim instead. I can't swim so I become tea bag in the pool. Soak.. soak..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long weekend, but I am still teaching on Fri and Sun, both public holidays but still ok to me cos I get to rest other days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Libby - yeap,...but ending soon when I'm replying you here.

      Delete
  3. Lovely bento! Ummm...maybe the guy thought those were the correct ways - somebody taught him wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stp - eh... You are right too,that makes sense. Hahaha

      Delete
  4. Haha, I'm laughing.. I also don't like Dr. Quacks.. "sik siu siu, pan toi piu"..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Princess - yeah lor.... Know a little anyhow teach.

      Delete
  5. I know. The Mr-knows-it-all. Trying to boast and impress his lady friend. I used to go to gym and there, I saw few guys trying hard to impress instead of really exercising. Lol.

    Back to your bento! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose - I guess his gf will be more appreciatove if he be honest and get an instructor to help.

      Delete
  6. haha, this is not uncommon in the gym I think.. I've seen and overheard the case you mentioned but like you, don't have to care lah, unless I'm the instructor there and it's a responsibility to help members who are "lost".. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - yeah...but the instructor was relaxing somewhere at a corner...Hahaha..

      Delete
  7. anyway, it's always good to engage professional coaches if we can afford, at least they can guide us and correct what we have been doing wrong, not forgetting their advices from the experience they have gained..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - yeah.... I also got a personal trainer to help me in my early years. Though not cheap but I learnt a lot.

      Delete
  8. wah so good leh you have one more extra day of holiday for SG50, I don't remember we had this special holiday on our 50th Merdeka leh.. long weekend and you can spend time with your family and have a good rest.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - time flies....almost over soon especially when you are busy going around during the holidays.

      Delete
  9. There's a lot of smart alexs everywhere! I pity the girl for trusting him blindly, maybe she is madly in love with his muscled sweet mouths.
    I agree that we must learn the right techniques to prevent injuries! You are a wise papa!
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TM - yeap, with proper basics, injuries cN be minimize.

      Delete
  10. I keep seeing those type of people too.

    Show-offs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lina - they want to impressed their gf selfishly...

      Delete
  11. hee..hee..some people like to "keh gau".

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wah, indeed a looong weekend!! Enjoy enjoy ya!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nevermind on the wrong techniques, as long as both of them enjoyed the moment spent together, that's fine :p

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAHAHA...interesting eavesdropping. Is ok...every one has it's on way of learning. At the end of the day, they will know which is right for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOooiii..that's me ok. I accidentally log in to the wrong acct.

      Delete
  15. Kucing - haha...I got my Bluetooth with me all the time.

    ReplyDelete