3.11.14

Art Jamming ...

Recently, I was involved in an art jamming workshop as part of my company's team-building event. The term 'Art Jamming' seems very alien to me and moreover, I am not into arts. In fact, I am very lousy in arts !! Anyway, what I learnt from the workshop was that art jamming was simply a spontaneous expression of your feelings in art forms. You just draw whatever you like on a piece of cloth using acrylic paints, which dried very fast, and the results of the art represented your mood or feelings. It's very therapeutic and stress releasing too. Of course, I believe usually folks who love arts will book a session at the centre to paint. There were a few artists there when we arrived and there was also a cafe at the beautiful glassy centre, which was surrounded by water everywhere from the pool. We were at My Art Space.

An outdoor seating area at the centre

A view from the top ...an artist was working on her pieces

We are surrounded by water everywhere !
 Some of the amateurish arts done by my colleagues.... which I felt they are very well done!







And here's what my group did ... probably we are thinking of the zoo then! LOL

Check out the panda which I draw... :P
Overall, I find that it's a very therapeutic session and before this, I have been to a clay moulding workshop few years ago, which was also very relaxing and stress releasing.

Have a good week!!

28 comments:

  1. De-stressing is always good.

    Art is a way to express feelings too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lina - yes, when you are totally focus on the subject and as long as it is not a stressful one like work , it can be relaxing.

      Delete
  2. Art jamming? Call me jakun, I've never heard of it leh.. Normal jamming yes la, like in a band or something.. But art jamming, errr, dunno how to yan seong like you too, hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Hidden talent! Should hone it... Great healthy pastime, relaxing too. Ummmm...no food? The outdoor area looks like a cafeteria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STP - err...I'm lousy in arts. Don't think can honed ..lol.

      Delete
  4. eih.. I LOVE this place!! it's so beautiful, even if you are not "art jamming" it already make me feel relaxed there with the view..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - yes , with water and greens , you can never go wrong.

      Delete
  5. this is surely a good way to de-stress yourself.. and yes, through art you can put in your emotions and feelings and look at those artwork, they are lovely!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - all these creative stuffs are very therapeutic.

      Delete
  6. I like the 3rd and the 5th painting.. and as for the one you have drawn a panda on it, I like the owl beside, muahaha!! ooopsss, sorry ah~~ :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow..very artistic and the place is very beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yee Ling - Yes , the place is nice and it's a great environment for painting.

      Delete
  8. LOL...panda sebijik like you...

    Cute la

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not bad, your panda look like panda LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First time hear about art jamming! The place looks really nice and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha! You drew me? Don't look like a panda lah! But good attempt! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FoongPc - hahah. ... I tried my best already.

      Delete
  12. Actually painting is quite relaxing, can release stress and also can train our patient as well!! I was thinking to learn that, but that got to wait until I've learned another instrument first, hehe!! I like the owl you drew btw!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmm.. sounds like a great place to calm the mind!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow your colleagues can draw pretty well leh. and i like the ambiance of this place... looks relaxing.

    ReplyDelete