14.4.15

Todak Seafood Restaurant, Teluk Jawa, Masai.....

This will be a purely food post. My sis-in-law brought me to this seafood restaurant which was located at the beach of the Straits of Johor, where a clear view of Senoko and Sembawang in Singapore can be seen. It was a refreshing place to be after all those shoplots restaurants; it's nice to dine by the beach.

I love the natural and beautiful views over there and though this place has been around for ages, it seems this is the first time I been there, if I didn't remember wrongly. Ooohh... I need gingko biloba to improve my memory ... LOL


Walking along the wooden bridge to the restaurant

A view of the sea

Love the serene and calm evening

I thought I was at a fishing village... the sight was refreshing there

That's Singapore with the Sembawang Shipyard 

Crowded at 7pm
The food was halal here and since it's seafood, the menu is basically quite straight to the point. It's fish, crabs, prawns, clams...etc. Anyway, since there are only 3 adults and 2 kids, we didn't order the good food but some simple dishes to go along. After all, the my sis in law and my wifey are health conscious, so no cholesterol laden food. :(

The pixs were not well taken as the place was lit with pink neon lights and I tried my best to edit it.

The best of all - lala or crams. 

"Fan Shu Yip" ... vegetables to go along

Their crispy signature tofu

Tilapia ... the meat was very fresh and smooth. I love this one!

Their signature mee goreng.... somehow it's too spicy for me and we take away this one.

Took the kids for a stroll around and saw lots of clams here
Basically, with GST, this comes around RM120+, which I think it's quite affordable. It's a nice evening there. :)

39 comments:

  1. No crabs but still okay lah the dishes. I like mee goreng at seafood place. Always very sedap wan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merryn - Yeah, cos all of them are health conscious! We still ordered some of their signature food like lala , mee goreng and tofu.

      Delete
  2. Named after the Singapore legend. I hate those coloured lights, spoil all the photographs of the food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STP - oh is it? Thanks for the info.
      yeah, the neon lights really irritating.

      Delete
  3. I like the sea view, must be very nice.. I like the signature taufu and mee goreng, yummzz, I can finish all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Princess - Having a dinner by the sea is always nice! :)

      Delete
  4. I love the views. Windy, serene and what a better way to enjoy seafood!!! I like the lala!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose - yeah , it is such a relaxing evening!

      Delete
  5. yeah.. would be nice to dine somewhere that you can have a good view of Mother Nature.. can be sea, can be grassland, can be hills, can be woods, can be waterfall etc.. guess that way you feel more relaxed and also find the food nicer huh??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - Absolutely right! Got good view and good food.

      Delete
  6. that's a nice view and you walked further into the sea to dine instead of just on the beach.. so it's been there for ages yet your first time there?? haha, maybe you only hunting for Japanese food and cafes only la, you must follow your SIL more~~ :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - Maybe la...always go to Japanese restaurants...hahha

      Delete
  7. Love the serene view while enjoying the food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yee Ling - yeah, it also reminds me of that seafood restaurant in Klang which also near the sea but the view not as good.

      Delete
  8. eih, not just fish prawns crabs and clams only lah.. you also had veggie, you also had tofu and you also had mee goreng mamak there!! the seafood look fresh and when they are fresh, surely taste good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - Ok la... cos they are health conscious. The food ordered not too bad. Maybe next time when I bring my nephews and nieces then can order crabs and prawns.

      Delete
  9. fuiyo...sedap. fresh seafood. Lovely view too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kucing - hahahaha.... Selangor also got a lot like Klang.

      Delete
  10. The name of the restaurant reminds me of the old Malay folklore Singapura Dilanggar Todak, Very nice scenery and the seafood is sure fresh and good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phong - Dunno about the folklore le....I thought its a orang asli name.

      Delete
  11. The Singapore with the Sembawang Shipyard picture is so nice, such a long didn't go places like this to have meal, coz usually I have it was during road trip ya...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Xiao Ying - Me too...very long didn't go to places like this.

      Delete
  12. Place looks interesting. Nice to gaze into the sea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lina - Good for the mind and getaway from the stress !

      Delete
  13. nice place! yeap, not entirely expensive for that spread :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no!! Your photos spoilt by the lights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FoongPC - Yeah lor.. I tried to edit it but that's the best I can do.

      Delete
  15. OK, food not bad and at that price and with the view, consider good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FoongPC - Yes, good view and affordable nice food!

      Delete
  16. Just had Fan Shu Yip last night

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Libby - ic...you must have enjoy it ?

      Delete
    2. Yup, it was nice, but I didn't take a photo of it

      Delete
  17. I love this type of seafood restaurant by the sea, I remembered when I went Malaysia, I think Kukup, I ever eat in such restaurant, love the ambience and the food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Libby - Yes, Kukup has a lot of nice seafood.

      Delete
  18. this looks delicious! will surely enjoy having dinner and at the same time the view out there

    ReplyDelete