30.4.15

Treats ...

Whenever I am leaving for home to JB from SG, I will always called home to check out what my kids and wifey wanted to buy from SG. Especially, the kids, they will asked from toys to snacks like chocolate, sweets or cookies. MY wifey will usually asked me to get instant noodles as some types cannot get in JB as well as it's cheaper over in SG. She also have a soft spot for the Subway sandwiches here as it is so much different from Malaysia, probably it is not halal in SG and she likes the bacon very much!

Sometimes I do get my kids toys but I cannot buy them toys weekly. Thus, I usually go for cheaper treats which they requested most of the time.

Jellybeans - My two kids favourite and my son asked for it. I got them two packs.

My wifey's favourite chocolate as well as my kids. I also love this one - it's dark chocolate and I heard cannot be get from Malaysia, not too sure but I don't see it in JB.
Oh...since I had a heavy lunch, I go for a salad dinner for the second time at Saladbox near the Bugis MRT station. I like to go there as it is quiet as well as the ladies who served us were tall and attractive too. :) I had a 'Rainbow' salad and its really a big plate and I was really full ! Now, I understand salad can also makes us filling!

My salad for dinner - with an egg
It's weekend and a long one! Have a good time :)

31 comments:

  1. wah you always called up your wife and kids before going home to "take orders"?? that would be very frequent right?? it's like they will have "souvenirs" every weekend, haha!! what a loving husband and daddy you are.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - Well, no matter what, I still need to call to tell them what time I am leaving. Then, might as well ask them what they want. Usually it will be buns, besides the treats at times.

      Delete
  2. jelly beans and timtam, I like them both.. but timtam leh, gotta see made in where lah.. the "buatan" one so not nice already leh, but the nicer one from Australia very ex pulak.. as for jelly beans, I love following their "recipe" to mix the different flavors, I like the root beer float the most :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - hahah..I aso don't know Tim Tam got two versions till I posted this blog. Thanks for the info, all readers!:)

      Delete
  3. aaahh, the salad looks good!! I like the color of salad and it's the color that make us have better appetite probably.. I agree salad can be quite filling but then I would also say for my case, the filling cannot last long..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - Yes, I fall in love with this SaladBox eatery. It's just a small shop located at the MRT.

      Delete
  4. So fast start long weekend dy you? Tomorrow is only Thursday... still working leh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the treats here, jelly beans, timtams, love it.. I love jelly beans too, I could munch on them whole day, hehe..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Princess - aiyo...you can munch everything all day it seems....muahahahahaha

      Delete
  6. Got ya, I saw the TimTam is selling at Tesco though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Xiao Ying - Ok, I am not a big fan of tim tam. hahaha

      Delete
  7. Lucky i had my lunch already, if not, i will drool over the salad, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tim Tam, Australian or Indonesian? The Indonesian ones are not good - the chocolate tastes odd and poor quality control - uneven coating and some parts not coated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STP - I don't know yet, need to check. I also haven't open yet.

      Delete
  9. Dark Choc for Tim Tam is just nice, other flavors are just too sweet for us (maybe not for Australians and Kiwis)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ken - Anything dark choco is fine with me. :)

      Delete
  10. The salad with the egg looks tempting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Libby - Yes, it's indeed. This is the best salad I ever had.

      Delete
  11. Your salad looks so colorful and it must be delicious! Here in KL can get Tim Tams but I am not a fan so I don't buy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw Tim Tam dark chocolate in one of supermarkets here. Not sure it is from Australia or not as I did not check on it.

    I would go for bacon sandwiches too, if I can. ;)

    You have a great weekend with family, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like TimTam too.. next time I go buy myself... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wah! Jelly Bean and Tim Tam - both are considered junk food in my food vocabulary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh...now I know why you want to go Saladbox! Cos you are ham sup! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing and waking me up. I always wondered why the Subway in US is different from Malaysia's. Must be the halal reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tim Tam - last time very ex. but now kinda affordable....

    ReplyDelete