20.4.15

It's the passion ....

After reading SK's blog, I feel tempted to write a post on how I started long distance running which eventually leads me to training for a half-marathon. Well, there's still two months left for the Singapore Sundown and I can say I am not ready yet as the longest I ran so far is 11KM. I needed to run at least 15KM to feel confidence.  And, I didn't train last week except for some short distance runs in 5-6KM on the treadmill as I was down with a diarrhoea which makes me tired. I have recovered now and might do two 10-11KM runs this week. I wanted to gradually increase the mileage, maybe 12KM the following week.

Back to original intent of writing this post. I used to run 2KM every time I went to the gym for workouts for years. However, after getting my Polar Loop steps tracker mid last year, I started to run more,where I went for 5KM. The reason behind it was I wanted to achieve the daily physical goal set by the tracker app. And, only by running at least 5KM can help me to achieve it.

Then, I saw some of my colleagues also started running and with the standard chartered marathon around then, we decided to sign up for the 10KM run. And, its history after that. Anyway, recently, most of my colleagues' interest has fizzles out and they do not intend to spend money to run, citing that we are paying in order to get the goodie bag and medal. That can be true in terms of economical sense but in my opinion, if you like a certain sports, definitely you have to invest some money into it. Even in badminton, I bought rackets, shuttlecocks and book courts and don't mentioned how much folks spent in golf or bowling. Thus, I guess I have to run alone which can be de-motivating too. Well, I will see how it goes, hopefully can find more running kakis. Lets focus on my HM first now. hahaha..

Oh... over the weekend, I can't resist a char kway teow though it contains high calories..hahaa. Ok la..once a while is all right.


Have a blissful week and try to achieve 10,000 steps a day. :)

30 comments:

  1. I read in SK's blog you replied my comment that I'll need an iPhone 6 at least to track down my steps. iPhone 5s can? I don't have iPhone 6 la.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merryn - Nope, only Iphone 6, else you get yourself a wrist band.

      Delete
  2. Started off with 2km, good already. Me? Never run on the mill before, walk a few steps already chuen hei.. Hope you will find more kakis, wont be demotivating one la..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Princess - Very good already with 2 KM. Go and try it....

      Delete
  3. yeah, I do agree with you that everything has a start and you slowly progress and advanced to a higher level.. see, you can run as far as I walk for one whole week in just couple of hours!! hehe~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - I have to train la.. used to be 2KM then 5KM and now 10KM. Hoping to reach 15KM next but really not easy. hahaha

      Delete
  4. I also agree those gadgets really help if you are serious in monitoring your progress and achievements.. and it's perfectly alright to invest if you feel the needs, those can really motivate you to go further and be better.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - Yes, I have no regrets in buying my Polar Loop. In fact, it's one of my best buy.

      Delete
  5. oooh CKT, that one looks great!! I am actually not against going off track once in a while, else being too "discipline and control" to yourself is just too harsh and you will only be a health freak who may have missed out many things fun in this world.. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - Yeah lor..else no life la. Enjoy life also mah.

      Delete
  6. 加油!!! U sure can do it, the 15KM...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The char kway tiaw does look tempting. Once a while it is ok.

    I used to run about 2Km on treadmill too when I went to gym. That was before I had children and now it has been almost 10 years I hit the gym.

    Good luck in your Singapore Sundown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose - Perhaps you can find time to run again in the treadmill.

      Delete
  8. 10km??...That's great, I can't even run 5km....All the best to you ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Xiao Ying - I can't even run at first...now still struggling ... just train lor.

      Delete
  9. Definitely ok to have some fattening food once a while ;)

    Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are doing well with your marathon training. And that char koay teow looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phong - Hopefully but I still cannot break thru the 15KM threshold. Need time...

      Delete
  11. All the best for Sundown! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lina. Haven;t signed up yet ...hahha

      Delete
  12. LOL...wei wei...you seems to get a lot of inspiration from SK blog wor...nanti SK mintak commission baru tau... Just joking la.

    Good luck on your training

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck on 10k steps per day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Best of luck....As much as I love to run but no longer practicing it due to security in my place. Better to cycle so can escape faster...ahahhaha

    ReplyDelete
  15. High 5, Chris! I do pamper myself once in a while for some delights. As long as we are happy, just do it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i seriously want those. but after that must go to gym la

    ReplyDelete
  17. Train consistently and i am sure you can make it :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wah! Really getting serious eh? Good luck! LOL

    ReplyDelete