15.4.14

Umatei ...

I found a new Japanese restaurant which was opened around the Permas Jaya area while on the way to Jusco Permas. Permas Jaya always had many Japanese restaurant here due to a small group of Japanese expats working around the Pasir Gudang area and staying here. Thus, as Japanese food lovers, we decided to patronise Umatai restaurant. It was very close to the famous Italian restaurant, Toro's Espanol, and I am not sure if it belongs to the same management too.


Sake Maki and Kani Maki - The rice was tight and the ingredients are fresh. Not bad!!

Sake Maki 

Moyashi Ramen

Chirashi Sushi - An assortment of sashimi with rice underneath

My kids' favourite Salmon Teriyaki Set

I had a Salmon Shioyaki Bento. I always like Salmon Shioyaki ... it's also healthy.
I think the food here was not bad and i don't mind coming again.Altogether, with four cups of green tea, the bill came to RM132. The ambience there was not bad and it was really quiet but each individual room was spacious. I like to dine in such environment, compare to those crowded and noisy ones. It was a relaxing dinner!

Umatei is located at 3, Jalan Permas 10/10, Bandar Baru Permas Jaya, 81750 Masai, Johor.

30 comments:

  1. Can see you are a Japanese food lover, like me, hehe~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayley - lol...I just had another one tonight ! A bento set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Japanese food, but I don't like sushi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FoongPc - how strange .... usually sushi and sashimi are the ones most folks ate in Japanese restaurant.

      Delete
  4. It's been awhile since I had japanese food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh!!!! I had Japanese too that day. Will have to wait a bit to see it in my blog though - lots of scheduled posts in the line-up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. after reading a few post on Japanese from you, while i wanted to say you must be a Japanese food fans, there you confirmed by saying that in your post already, hehe~~ :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - yeah, but then I only ate the usual few items Not that adventurous yet especially on sashimi.

      Delete
  7. oh, the sushi looked nice and i like the way they were presented on the board instead of those common plastic plates, haha.. actually i like the idea of serving food on the wooden board lah, seems to be more appetizing :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. RM132 surely is not cheap also, i think makan in JB is actually quite expensive and almost on par with KL if not over.. thanks to being so near to our high living standard neighbour huh??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - jb is not cheap. Lots of stuffs here are slightly expensive compared to other places unless you go to the smaller nearby towns.

      Delete
  9. Can see you love Japanese food ya.. I like it too, especially the gyoza and tempura.. I'm very weird, I like sushi, especially those "flooded" with Japanese mayo (the wet type), I don't like those simply dry maki (with just cucumbers or egg)..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Princess ribbon - Different people different preferences. My wife also like those with lots of mayo.

      Delete
  10. I just have a dose of Japanese food on Sunday in Sushi King.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cleffairy - go eat ! Lots in kl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. am not crazy about this but J would love

    ReplyDelete
  13. RM132 for all those, not bad.

    Looks yummy too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. lina - Ok la... usually the price like that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lina - More expensive in KL or SG

    ReplyDelete
  16. Small Kucing - Get him a salmon temaki!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love temaki, sushi, everything ...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cquek - You are another Japanese food lover!

    ReplyDelete