7.4.15

Of running and eating .... :)

I was to blog about my thoughts on the Ching Ming festival which I just got back from KL but since I gave so many comments to SK's blog on the same topic, I decided to blog on something else. Well, maybe I should talk about my upcoming runs. All is not lost after I skipped yesterday's run due to family duties as my company sponsored me and my interested colleagues for a 10KM charity run, to be scheduled in May. That was so nice as the following Monday is a holiday too. The run was scheduled on a Saturday morning. Thus, I can take a good break after that!

Then, I was contemplating whether to take part in a half marathon in July. One of my ex-colleagues is going for it and he's also a newbie to running. In fact, he struggled for 3 hours for a HM yesterday. Seeing that the Singapore Sundown qualifying time for a medal is 4.5 hours, I think I should be able to achieve it but still I needed to train for it. Nowadays, after a 10 to 11KM run, I was really tired. Not sure if I can last the run ...perhaps walk and run for the rest of the 9KM. LOL....

OK, I was at Pastamania and ordered an Hawaiian pizza for a change. It was nice, crunchy and hot. The small 7" pizza was just nice for me though I needed to run more to burn off the calories.
My 7" Hawaiian pizza
Earlier of the day, I had a truffle chocolate cake at Hanis restaurant near the National Library. I simply love the dark chocolate but with these food, I really gotta run more.... :(

Truffle Chocolate cake
Have a great week!

34 comments:

  1. That would be May 1st, I guess. Monday is a holiday too, Wesak Day. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STP - You are right, it's the Vesak Day weekend. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Oooo, pizza, I like !! If I'm not too hungry, I'll just eat the topping.. But if I'm hungry, I can finish 6 slices of pizza's !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Princess - wah ..so pandai...only eat the toppings and leave the bread alone.

      Delete
  3. haha!! you left comment of your views in my blog and that's it?? you can still blog about it la, maybe just copy paste the comments to form a post?? hehe~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - aiya ...don't want la ... furthermore, a bit sensitive too if you read my comments. Have to apologise first before commenting... LOL

      Delete
  4. wah!!! your company sponsored you for the run?? now that's a very good employer!!! I have not heard about company sponsorship on running events before.. so you need to wear your company tee to publicize her during the run?? haha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - Yeah, my company doing her part to support charity movements. It's a charity runs, don't think got medals la. hahahha

      Delete
  5. Pastamania, I have been to the one in Pavilion once and I guess not long later it closed down, haha!! actually many eateries survived in SG but not in KL, eg: MOS, Long John Silver, Pastamania.. I guess it has to do with the managing team..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - yeah, I realised many of the fast food chains in MY closed down. In SG, only A&W has ceased while thy just reopens Wendy.

      Delete
  6. All the best for your HM.

    Hope the training is doing well so far as July isn't far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lina- Not so good, as I mentioned can last for 10-12KM only. I think I need to up till 15KM to qualify for the HM.

      Delete
    2. You need to learn how to pace yourself, that's all.

      We can't expect to run at the same pace of a 10K race in a HM... not for our first HM, anyway.

      Start slow and finish strong.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Lina for the advice. yeah, I need to run at a comfortable pace.

      Delete
  7. Think of the pizza and chocolate cake as extra fuel for your running LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phong - ahahha...to recuperate and self-reward!

      Delete
  8. Haha. Could not help laughing at your comments. Need to run hard after all those indulgences.

    I just had pizza last Friday so not so craving for it. But chocolate truffle, could not resist it. I also need to run if I eat that slice. Gained weight faster at this age than when I were in my 20s!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cake looks good... eat first worry later ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby Sumo - Ate already ...worry also no use...hahaha

      Delete
  10. Eat first, exercise later la, hehe!

    You too, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hayley - Already exercising ..... you have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  11. Haha. This weekend you run back to JB lah. Sure can burn off everything you ate :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merryn - Can also ...walk along the causeway when it's jam. LOL

      Delete
  12. Pizza, one of my fav food, but as I was sick again, cannot eat it cos it is quite heaty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey you could still blog about Qing Ming in your own style mah! We just cut and paste the comments here from SK's blog! Muahahahaha

    The cake is so delicious looking with a ping pong ball at the corner. So art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TM - Aiya...don't want la. I don't repeat words...muahahaha...
      yeah, it's dark chocolate somemore, very nice!

      Delete
  14. Wah! The pizza how many calories? :)

    ReplyDelete