24.10.14

Random Notes#5/2014

1. My kid was here in Singapore as he followed his aunt over to stay for a few days. I decided to bring him out shopping yesterday since it was a holiday in Deepavali. It was a nice time spending alone with my kid as all along, we went out in a family together with my wifey and little princess. He had a great time too as there was no restriction for him to buy what he likes. Well, usually the dad is always more generous than the mom...hahaha... I like this precious moment. Brought him for a nice Japanese meal too at Ramen Play , but I didn't take the pixs of the food. Probably, too hungry already during dinner after jalan-jalan the whole day.

2. I have been training for my quarter-marathon but not much progress except a 6KM run on Tuesday and a 4KM run on Sunday. As for the rest of the days, I only ran 3KM on Monday and Thursday which is also due to the air-cond breakdown in my local gym. It was stuffy and I can hardly breathe. Thus, I did a short run after my physical workout.

3. It seems a good week for me as my company converted me position to a permanent one, where I do not need to keep signing contract every 2 or 3 years. It's not easy to get a permanent position nowadays and thank God, I managed to get it. Had a small ceremony where I received my letter from my CEO last Tuesday.

4. I will be doing a a 5KM walk later at 8am for charity, which was organised by my company. This is a yearly event where the company will donate based on the kilometres we have walked where the max is 5KM. I will be enjoying the early nice morning walk in the heart of Singapore, where everybody will be rushing for work.

5. I have finally got a new router (if you referred to my previous post) which runs on the ac standard and supports 5Ghz band.  I managed to get a blazing speed of 100mbs but somehow the signal was not very strong when I am in my room. The signal strength is a bit erratic, somehow. This is considered the cheapest ac router in market from TP-LINK where I got the TP750 model. I may have to pay S$50-S$100 more for better ones. This one costs me S$93.

6. Meanwhile, enjoy a set of my usual bento called Shokaido Wazen after my workout tonight, which consists of tempura, chawanmushi, salmon sashimi, teriyaki chicken and miso soup.


Have a good weekend, folks!

52 comments:

  1. Have fun at the 5K walk and congrats on getting the permanent position. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. to prepare for a 10K, you don't need to train by running that distance. 6K is a good start and if you maintain it & increase the distance gradually, you should do ok.

    The rule of thumb for increasing mileage is just adding 10% additional mileage each week, then scale back after a few weeks then upping the mleage again. This help t avoid injuries and prevent over-training.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow..Thanks for the tips , lina. Yeah , if train too hard I may also get calf aches or other muscles aches.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on getting that permanent position in your job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Point #3 caught my attention.. Congrats for getting that permanent position.. I had bento lunch too yesterday at Tokyo Kitchen @ Citta mall..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks princess. Wow... you also had Japanese food.

      Delete
  5. Nothing like spending quality time with our kids - let them buy what they want, eat what they want. Times such as this are so rare when families are not together for whatever reason, studies, or work and that makes it so very precious and a lot more meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STP - yup , very true. When thru grow older you will have a hard time getting them to go out even for a simple meal.

      Delete
  6. #1.. awww so nice it's school holiday and you got your kid staying with you in SG.. but why only your kid?? next round gotta be your princess alone.. :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. #2.. ran a bit better than not running at all huh?? so you sweat double though you onlu run half the distance :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - hahha...wat to do , there's no air-cond and stuffy. Moreover, got body odour smell also.

      Delete
  8. #3.. wow CONGRATULATIONS!! converted to a permanent position, that means you are GOOD.. and surely got increase in the remuneration package!! hehe :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. #4.. so nice your company organizers a charity run!! of course you are not going to miss that, make it as a warm up for your run in December (or November??) later.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - Definitely not. It's was fun and I will post some pics on my blog later. You can check my FB.

      Delete
  10. #5.. a better router means a smoother and speedier surf of the Internet.. and that means going to bed later also?? muahahaha!!! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - Somehow the router not very good. Need to fine tune.sigh.... yeah, also means less sleep. :(

      Delete
  11. #6.. ah!!! nice bento set you had there!! have a great weekend and enjoy your Japanese feast then~~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jiayoh and have fun in this 5KM run.

    ReplyDelete
  13. #2 加油!!!你一定行得。。。

    ReplyDelete
  14. #6 那 bento set 看了使我留口水,嘻嘻。。。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go and try it out at Men-ichi Ramen, Northpoint and Jurong Point. :)

      Delete
  15. hey, your mom enjoyed the lunch la!! In my blogpost, I mean..not yours.. heheehe

    ReplyDelete
  16. Always Japanese food I see in your blog..hahah

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on securing a permanent position! Good that you could spend time with your boy. The bento looks good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phong. Yes, it was great spending time with my kid.

      Delete
  18. Congrats on your permanent contract. And it does look like a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dad is more generous than the mom?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good luck on your quarter marathon training. Important thing is to avoid injuries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. foongpc - thanks. yeah, you are right. Anyway, I play play only la

      Delete
  21. Congrats on your permanent position in your job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A 5km walk for charity? That sounds like a fun thing to do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wah! Your bento looks yummy! I want!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats in getting your permanent position, hard work pays, I love that chawanmushi and salmon sashimi, yums

    ReplyDelete