17.10.14

Need more speed.....

Well, I upgraded my broadband last Monday and was real busy for the past few evenings, after my workouts. I almost slept at 1am+ every night. I seldom upgrade my broadband package and only did a re-contract each time with cheaper rates. However, at a slow speed of 25mbs and with so many packages out there where some even reaches 1Gbs, I decided to upgrade but still, to the cheapest plan that I can find. It's 100mbs only where compared to my 'speed hungry' friends, its considered quite modest. Anyway, with the new modem cum router device from Starhub, I was only able to hit 10-20mbs on wifi though I managed to get 100mbs by connecting with my notebook via a LAN cable. Thus, I got busy researching on how to improve the speed by checking on the forums and discussing with my friends. I decided to use my three year old router by bypassing the router function in the new device and it seems better, I got 40-50mbs. My old router can support up to 300mbs but still it cannot reached 100mbs. Thus, I learned some tips on fine tuning the speed of the router by downloading an app to analyse the busy channels that my router was running on and then I chose a less crowded channel. It slightly improved the speed but still not good enough. Thus, I guess the best option is to get a new speedier router but before I did that, my kind colleague decided to lend me his 1 year old spare router to try it out. I can buy from him at a half price if its works fine.

Meanwhile, after a long workout tonight, I decided to have a warm Sapporo Miso Tonkotsu Ramen.It's been a while since I had it and it's so nice to eat it again.


Have a good weekend, folks!!

22 comments:

  1. I don't know about all these things but mine's fast...especially in the morning - the earlier, the faster. At times may be slower in the afternoon especially weekends and holidays - all those kids playing games online, I guess.

    Wah!!! Japanese again. How much is that bowl? Poor pensioner, I wouldn't be able to afford eating Japanese all that often here, much less there, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STP - yeah when they are less people using it , definitely it's fast !

      Delete
  2. Not sure about all these broadbands too coz I only know how to use them, hehe.. Most of the time it's wifi at work and data at home.. Oohh ramen again? Nice.. I wont get bored of it too.. I can also finish all the soup all the time..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Princess - I definitely won't get bored of it.

      Delete
  3. I would need to reconnect and get a speedier one when I am back to Kuching. Or I would have rely on my phone to go online. Not so convenient all the times.

    Yummy miso noodle! Happy weekend to you, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose - 3g or 4g is too expensive. It's better you recontract your wifi broadband.

      Delete
  4. you mean your broadband in SG or JB?? SG one sure faster and no wonder you are so excited about it, online shyiok shyiok so seamlessly until you are not willing to go to sleep, haha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - this is for SG. I don't think MY is that fast and expensive too. Unifi fastest speed is only 20mbs which I have been using 25mbs for years here. My unifi in jb only 5 mbs. Haha.

      Delete
  5. oh is it?? it's been a while you had not had ramen?? yeah, probably since you were suffering from your toothache recently huh?? hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sapporo Miso Tonkotsu Ramen!! OMG, even the name already sounds so tempting!! I realize I've not had ramen (yet) since I came back from my last Japan trip~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - I am sure you miss the ramen in sapporo! Haha

      Delete
  7. You must be feeling better now. Can eat Ramen :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wah... you need such speedy connection ah?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lina - it's not really I need or don't need but this is the cheapest packages here and consider the slowest. They can offerer up to 1gb here unlike unifi which is really a joke and not cheap.

      Delete