3.10.14

Music for the soul .... food for the stomach ... :P

Oh..I was checking on music on my last post and one of my colleagues introduced me a HD lossless digital audio player called Fiio. It's portable and it played good quality digital music unlike the common mp3 player and format. There was an offer at S$159 and it got my attention! Anyway, I need to consider first as well as needed to convert my songs to high quality lossless formats like WAV. OK, more info here.

I realised some of the readers here love Kitaro too, like Twilight Man and Libby. Well, I am a Kitaro fan and have collected almost all his discography except his first few older albums and as well as those albums that repeats back his numbers which were available in older albums. I have been to two of his concerts so far, one in Genting (2009) and another one in Marina Bay Sands (2011). Whenever I am stress or need some soothing music, I will play The Silk Road, Caravansary, Winds blow over the hill, Heaven and Earth, Nageki and etc. You can get the Kitaro : Digital Box Set, if interested. I always look out for his new release and bought it over the Internet from his record company. Anyway, music is for the soul and it do helps to calm us down or makes us feel good, regardless of which artiste. Of course, not all music are good... if you know what i mean. LOL

Instead of bento, I make some changes to my dinner tonight where I had Yakimeshi (Japanese fried rice), chawanmushi and salmon maki. I always find Japanese fried rice are delicious in whichever Japanese restaurant and I have a craving for maki tonight. Howver, the chef didn't prepare the maki well, probably his knife was not sharp enough. hahaha... Anyway, it's still good.

My favourite chawanmushi and a hot green tea to wind down after a workout

Salmon (sake) maki ... delicious but not very presentable

And my main meal - Yakimeshi
I will be travelling slightly up north during the long weekend, and wishing you folks a happy long weekend and Selamat Hari Raya Haji to the Muslims.

32 comments:

  1. wah!! S$159, quite expensive for me but then since you are earning S$ then it's okay lah, it's like spending RM159 only, hehe!! so go BUY BUY BUY!!! and then let us know how good it is~~ hehe!! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - Let me think first cos I don't have lossless formats, mostly all mp3 but then, according to my audiophile friend, it will never go wrong and worth it!

      Delete
    2. I dunno lah, but I think if my ears cannot differentiate the HD and lossless audio, I won't bother to spend so much, those slightly better but a lot cheaper ones for me will do :)

      Delete
    3. Me too , I'm not an audiophile guy ..so still considering.

      Delete
  2. yeah Kitaro.. I'm only familiar with one of his music, Matsuri, and I guess this music is also widely known by many.. probably you may not know its title or composer, but surely you have heard it before.. especially a compulsory background music played during wedding dinner when the restaurant presents the first dish to the guests!!! muahahaha~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK- Matsuri is perhaps his most famous number, besides silk road and caravansary. And, yeah, hotels always play this number during the first dish.

      Delete
    2. yes, that "dish presentation" music!!' :D

      Delete
  3. hehehe I thought what change, still eating Japanese la you!!! really a die hard fan of Japanese food huh?? so when do you want to go to Japan, or particularly Honshu that you always mention, to have the authentic ones??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - usually I had the same bento , even the pretty waitress knew what I want before I sit down. Hahha.... tonight for a change.

      Delete
  4. Ahhhhh!!!! Now I know, that's a chawanmushi - chawan, old spelling for cawan and mushi mushi. Easy to remember the name! Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Hehehehehe!!!!

    Oh? It's Hari Raya Haji, eh? Didn't even notice - once you are old and retired, you do not even realise what is passing by. No sense of time or urgency.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STP - hahha ...That's a good way to remember. Aiyo...nothing to do with old or young. Sometimes I also forgot the holidays.

      Delete
  5. Not a fan of Kitaro, erm actually not a fan of any Japanese song, hehe.. Dunno how to 'yan seong' leh.. Food looks good.. I love the fried rice and salmon maki.. Yummzzz..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Princess - yes I love these food especially the chawanmushi and maki. They are my favourites.

      Delete
  6. music food for soul and can also sometimes destroys...depending what music la

    love the rice.

    Happy long weekend to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kucing - true...That's why I mentioned not all music. You too,.have a great long weekend.

      Delete
  7. Happy Weekend and enjoy the trip up North :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I think we can be good buddies ~ really!!!
    I love Japanese food, excellent coffee, Kitaro and Singapore too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TM -yup yup but enough already , don't go intimate than that. Hahaha.....

      Delete
    2. Yeeerrrr... I won't be attracted to you. No worries! Wakakakaka

      Delete
  9. Japanese fried rice is good but I had a lousy one from a Japanese cafe at the hospital. hah..hah... cafe at hospital also the food is lousy :) Have a nice long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phong - aiya ....hospital food where got nice. Go and enjoy some nice Japanese food over the weekend.

      Delete
  10. Have a safe trip to the north!

    I love Japanese fried rice. Had it few times but I still opt for unagi set. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose - thanks rose. Somehow I don't like unagi , felt too many little bones inside there. Lol

      Delete
  11. Yes I agree with you. I love Japanese fried rice too. Can never go wrong with that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merryn - Yup...whether cha han or yaki meshi ,...it can never wrong.

      Delete
  12. Another Kitaro fan here! I think I still have his CD in my KL home :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do agree not all music are good, but as for me it has to depends on my mood, sometimes I thought this song is not nice, but after awhile or few months later I might think the song is actually not bad then, hehe!! =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Xiao Ying - For songs, it could last a while and then you get bored of it. But for music, I felt they are everlasting, especially the good ones.

      Delete