4.4.14

Old school glider.....

While I was on my way to buy 100+ at a mamak shop nearby the badminton hall, I came across some gliders which I used to play when I was a kid. It was really nostalgic and yet delighting to see such gliders still being sell. I thought kids nowadays are more interested in electronic games or involved in real action role playing games like nerf. I asked the seller how much is it and he said only 50 cents (Singapore currency). Being a WW2 planes plastic model hobbyist before, I started to choose the variety of models they have and I got the famous Spitfire.

It looks so 'old school' with the labels! This is what I played when I was a kid.

There were so many types of WW2 planes but too bad, I can't find my favourite Corsair or Zero fighter.

Here's the contents - the body, the big wing, small wing and propeller

Here's the simple glider .... I am going to show this to my kid !!! I bet he haven't seen this before!
 I remember during my schooldays, these gliders are such an hit that all of us will sacrificed our pocket money to get one and compete with each other! That's really a memory for a retro kid like me. :)

29 comments:

  1. No rubber band? To turn the propeller?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ehhh, we made something like these during our company team building, using stereo-foams..
    STP, no rubber bands given, nothing.. Just the foams, scissors and glue.. And we managed to turn into a plane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cannot recall or ring a bell when i just looked at that packaging.. but then hey, the plan after assembly, YES, i played with that before!! :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. As usual, still your hobby, eh.. now got money, go for your passion!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i remember trying to make my own ones out of popsicles and papers and cardboards and what-nots.. but ended failed always, haha!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW, i hate that word verification thing!! make spamming so difficult~~ :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh i miss playing this! I bought one special one from KL science museum, was so happy that time haha, at least 15 years back i reckon?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice glider. I too had this and enjoyed playing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We all had our own childhood memories, don't we... for me, last time I will spend my savings or pocket money on cartoon stickers, haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. STP - Im sure you have these! hahha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Princess Ribbon - Mine is tested can work. Yours have to start from beginning. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. SK - I am sure you played with that before la..

    ReplyDelete
  13. SK - I am sure you played with that before la..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Reana - I am done with the deprived passion. Back in 2009, I have been spending money on my hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  15. SK - I tried to build a ship with that... to make it travel on some pool of water.

    ReplyDelete
  16. SK - hahha...thanks for the feedback. I thought I have removed all these spamming blocker. Anyway, have removed it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ken - LOL ... I am sure for our generation, we have played with this glider.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Weekend-Windup - Thanks for commenting on my blog. It's nostalgic, right ?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hayley - I guess you played with dolls then!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Libby - hahha..me too, especially on those superheroes stickers.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Remember this toy, but didnt really collect it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh no! This post reminds me of missing plane MH370!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Foongpc - huh ? Alamak... you read too much of mh370 already.

    ReplyDelete
  24. FoongPC can't stop thinking about MH370. He's been qute diligent is sharing info over social media.

    Haven't seen one of those in ages!!!

    ReplyDelete