7.4.14

A quiet breakfast ...

I took a day off last Friday in order to accompany and drove my wife to Seremban for the 'Ching Ming' festival. Before the trip, I also needed to collect my new specs and we reach Aeon Tebrau City very early, barely around 10am and it was not even opened yet. This was the first time I waited for the shopping centre to be opened...LOL. We were that early cos we just sent our kids to their tuition centre and kindergarten.

Since I needed to wait another 30mins for my specs to be ready, I decided to have breakfast at Lavender. I used to eat there regularly for breakfast many years ago where I love the typical American style breakfast of eggs, sausages, ham, bread....etc with a nice cup of Americano. However, their menu seems changed recently and there was no more this type of breakkie but replaced with something...err... i guess more classy breakfast sets. (and more expensive)

Two cups of Americano for both of us ... it's pak tor time with wifey

My wife had a ham and cheese ciabatta set 

I had a sausage foccacia set , with omelette filling. It was very full!!

A view of Lavender bistro from the glass mirror
The shopping mall was quiet and it's a great time to shop and walk around, unlike the evenings. And, it was a peaceful and quiet breakfast too, with only 2-3 tables occupied. I love the relaxing environment there at that hour.

32 comments:

  1. Hmmm... why the filing for the Ciabatta set looks miserably small?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ken - Not really , there's a lot of filling till I had a late lunch !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love a bite of that ham & cheese ciabatta.. I love ham & cheese.. I make my own ham & cheese sandwich if I don't feel like cooking that day..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Princess ribbon - that was my favourite too. I always ordered that.

      Delete
  4. sausage and omelette ciabatta?? eih, mana itu sausage and omelette?? cannot see anything also?? haha~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - I also want to know at first. Tyne sausages could become mince meat with the omelette fillings.

      Delete
  5. yeah, it would be very nice to hang around in shopping malls in the morning of a weekday, so quiet and so empty and you feel like you own the entire place to yourself :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - only when you're on leave. As for weekends, I rather sleep longer. Lol

      Delete
  6. hehehe!! you took off the word verification!! aiyoh, thank you so much!! so love it~~ :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - yeah but then spamming started rolling in. I might have to put it back. :p

      Delete
  7. Yummy food. At least some peace and quiet breakfast. I dont mind once a while. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes a quiet meal is not that bad!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So peaceful and quiet in the morning in the shopping mall right? Nice time to relax, yesterday (Sunday), our whole family also went for the Ching Ming festival.

    I like omelettes too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Libby - my family and I also out on Saturday for ching ming.it was raining too.

      Delete
  10. yes i love to have your breakfast too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Small kucing - yeah lor ... With the monsters around, not much chances.

      Delete
  12. It has been a long time I didn't visited Lavender...It was firstly introduced in JB. Many people love to go there for a cup of coffee.

    Looks like they have new items from their menu right?

    Nice pak tor-ing with your wifey.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Last time, everytime during breakfast - damn packed. And even lunch time - everyone going there for set luncheon. Not cheap though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The ciabatta looks pretty good la.. but why so little filling.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You really love Lavender eh? Always makan here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Angeline - Now only packed during weekends. Yeah, getting expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Baby Sumo - It's actually quite lot!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Merryn - Not many choices in JB but also been a while didn't go.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Angeline - yeah, pak tor time with wifey , not many chances with the monsters around.

    ReplyDelete
  20. lina - Whwn you are on leave on a friday and having a slow and good breakfast, its always relaxing and good.

    ReplyDelete