9.4.14

A peaceful afternoon ....

It was a yearly affair where I will drove and accompanied my wife to pay respect to her late mom or my mother in law at the Nilai Memorial Park. Like any families, it was also a family gathering where almost the entire clan will turned out and it makes the gathering very warm and fun. It's almost three generations altogether there with my little princess the youngest one. I didn't really know my mom-in-law well as the first time I met her was in the hospital and sadly, she pass on then due to cancer. I just started dating my wife-to-be at that moment. I heard lots of beautiful stories of how nice her mom was as she almost never had a temper, even from my close friend who was my wife's cousin.

This is the first time it rained on our visits yearly and luckily the rain stopped when we reached there and what we had was a beautiful cooling weather. It was not as crowded as past years too.


A panoramic view of one part of the memorial park

One of the lotus pond there

Another view of the beautiful park, after the rain

Clean, peaceful and serene

I find this tree very captivating it was without much leaves 

Lighting up firecrackers

Yours truly with little princess with my kid 'photobomb'
  We also had our lunch there under the shades of the big umbrellas, where my sis-in-laws dished out some nice food like petai fried rice, dumplings and etc.

It's a nice gathering! ;)




24 comments:

  1. Your kids looks happy there.. Yeah good to bring them along to pay respects together but if too small then not convenient la.. Yep been raining everyday here too, every evening in fact..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Princess ribbon - yeah, however they still haven't visited my ancestors graves. Have to bring then soon

      Delete
  2. oh you went there last weekend?? i went there one week before you lah.. my late mom "stays" there also now.. every year we have two places to go, one at serdang for the grandparents, and after that this nilai memorial park for my late mom..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - what a coincidence but then it's near to kl.

      Delete
  3. yeah, i actually like this place, it's clean and tidy and also very well maintained, the landscaping is also actually one nice thing to enjoy.. i feel more calm and comfortable to go there than those old and traditional graveyards..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - yes, I agreed. This place is very well maintained and clean. Much better than those old cemeteries.

      Delete
  4. the weather last weekend was good, cooling and not hot, so i bet it was good time to go for the prayers.. the week before was so hot and the sun was so bright, i got sunburnt :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - luckily the rain stopped and it was so cool !

      Delete
  5. Can tell it was a peaceful day~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hayley - Yes, can see from the pictures right ?

      Delete
  6. Like reunion during CNY? hahaha... yeah, only these two occasions will be able to gather back all the members of the family, so to speak..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reana - Yeah , this is one of the occasion where the family got together, like cny.

      Delete
  7. Lucky you that it wasn't crowded!
    I heard from my dad that it was very very jam during past years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charmaine - Previous years are very crowded. Guess we are at the right time this year.

      Delete
  8. Nice and peaceful place. I like your pictures especially those captivating trees. They look enchanting.

    Fire crackers? I didn't know they played that in the memorial park. Thought it is supposed to be a quiet event. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose - well, lots of folks lit up firecrackers during the festival there.

      Delete
  9. You seem...BIGGER! You're growing fatter or what. Life's like that - you get thinner up on top and fatter all over below. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh...this year I din go back to in laws for Ching Ming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cleffairy - it's ok la.... no need every year go back.

      Delete
  11. STP - aiyo. Muscular la.... been working out like mad. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wah... such a nice environment, you should see how people squeeze here in Penang LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ken - I think it's better than some other memorial parks but I remember there were years where it was very crowded too, but still got lots of space.

    ReplyDelete
  14. now the graveyards are no longer scary. most are quite clean and well maintained

    ReplyDelete
  15. Small kucing - Most of the new ones are like a park with modern designs.

    ReplyDelete