7.2.11

What CNY meant ...

Today is just the fourth or rather fifth day of CNY (since it's 2am) but the festivity is already considered over for most of the folks. Unlike me, most of the folks starts work on Monday and it's back to business as usual. As for me, I will be travelling back after a week spent in Ipoh and Seremban , before resume work again on Wednesday.

Well, this CNY is not as pleasant as my kid and I fall sick on the eve. And, it was also a torrid journey driving under the heavy rain during our balik kampung journey. And due to my sickness as well as the super hot weather in Ipoh, I cancelled some of my plans.

On the other hand, CNY is still very much about reunion dinner and meeting up with long time friends and relatives. I guess this is most 'basic' about the festival and I am glad I did that, unlike some folks who rather flew away for vacations. Gone are the days where I litted up firecrackers, visiting some sweet babes' home or receiving angpows. Those are what CNY meant to me during my younger days. Nowadays, what's important is to continue to rekindle friendship and kinship.

As we' re-start' our work in the new rabbit year, think about all the good and prosperous words you heard during this festive season and make sure these words comes true. Work hard and smart to realise your prosperous dreams!

10 comments:

  1. Very true.. cny is for visiting relatives once a year.. i didnt even visit any frens yet.. this year no classmates reunion, guess everyone is busy..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by my blog, Chris

    Kung Hei Fatt Choy to you and your family :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you and your kid is feeling much better now! Weather is terribly hot these few days, gotto increase fluid intake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Owh sorry to hear u n ur kid fell sick. Did u manage to wake Claire up and go hiking? Lol.. i guess not! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. reanaclaire - haha...thought u super busy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hayley - yeah, both of us feeling much better now. it's due to the weather...continuous heavy rain in JB to extremely hot in Ipoh. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wenn - haha...glad u have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merryn - if im not sick.... she won't be spared of her early morning sleep... *evil grin*

    ReplyDelete