25.7.16

The small stuffs...

Lately I have been listening to sermons on contentment and it also reflected on me that life's great with the little nice things around. My life is kinda routine now with two schooling kids on a weekend where Sunday is a schooling day. That means, no more short getaways to nearby towns or theme parks. Saturday is just having meals together while fetching them to tuition classes and church school and my wifey and I make sure they get to bed early for school on Sundays.  We have to wait for the school holidays if we want to go somewhere farther and longer. However, there are moments to cherish like I enjoyed seeing them going to the church school and playing/fellowship with other kids after the short 1 hour session, in the calm evening at 6pm at the church. Even those lunches and dinners we had at some nice restaurants or eateries are great, though we no longer ate somewhere in Melaka, having bak kut teh in Kota Tinggi or drinking awesome coffee at Kluang's railway station. Back in Singapore, I also enjoyed the moment of going to the gym earlier before the sunsets. I am enjoying all these small stuffs, and it's difficult to explain and maybe its contentment.  Of course, having said all these, I hope to go overseas at least once a year from now....muahahahahaha...

Oh, after a workout, I am back to the Chinese eatery operated by a Chinese national nearby my home, though I didn't order any chinese beer this time round. I had a braised beef noodles and a shallot pancake, all for S$6.50. Not bad for a hungry me at 10pm. :)


Beef noodles S

Love the Shallot pancake...crispy and delicious!!!
Have a great week ahead and don't forgot to slow down and smell the flowers!

20 comments:

  1. I am contented with small things also, I feel happy when the bus I am waiting comes within seconds and when I am thirsty I have plain water to quench my thirst, simple joy simple happiness, if you are not an easily contented person, you will find yourself chasing things after things and never satisfied

    I am glad you are easily contented too

    I believe in counting your blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True but having said all these , it's not easy to be contented especially we are living in a materialistic world.

      Delete
  2. Yes, one can hope but not to the extent of wishful thinking that makes one unhappy. Count one's blessings, however small. Be happy - life is what you make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, most of the materialistic stuffs are useless. The gadgets I bought years ago are like rubbish now and there are no values in it even if I sold it now.

      Delete
  3. It is true. Life is so much more to give and yet sometime we take small things for granted. And with kids, we seeing them growing up and we started to think and cherish the moment. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss those days when my kids are babies and toddlers .. Hahaha.

      Delete
  4. We have to think of the brighter side, and not of those things that makes us unhappy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. We definitely enjoy our own private time being alone sometimes. I also love to go to this new gym as I know no one there. I feel very calm and peaceful at the gym while doing workouts alone. When you are back with your family full time upon retirement, you might have problem to adjust. That's what some friends encountered after their overseas working contracts expired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not later, even now I got problems adjusting ! Hahha.. Especially when there are long weekends or I took long holidays to stay at home.

      Delete
  6. Yeahh..schooling days can be very exhausting. I make sure I eat and rest well during weekend so I can have the full energy back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is especially true for moms who has to get the kids ready for school, not to forget the meals, school uniform, books and etc

      Delete
  7. Oh, Sunday is a schooling day?

    Shallot pancakes look good to me~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, since 2015.
      I love the shallot pancakes too.

      Delete
  8. We have to count our blessings lah, right? The beef noodles look good :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Last time, I think the same routine is boring, but now I wish to have the same routine again, doesn't need to be focus so much, as the life has been kept changing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahhaa... but keeping the same routine can be boring too.

      Delete