15.7.16

Movie review : Independence Day : Resurgent .....

I never do movie reviews in my blog but after watching Independence Day: Resurgent, I was a little disappointed with the long awaited sequel (or they should stop at the first movie, for goodness sake!). The first one was so dramatic and good which I branded as one of the memorable movies I have ever seen together with Terminator 2, Titanic, Matrix, Star Wars, Aliens 2, Avengers 1, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, ET, Back to the Future, Forrest Gump, Beautiful Mind and etc. I can re-watch these movies all over again after some time. I find ID:R is a bit ridiculous for the following (spoilers alert!) -

1. Though humans acquired alien technology from the last war, I don't think they can be so advance in 20 years. And, how can they lived happily with the scattered aliens  from the last war  roaming around ? Even kids can safely go around in their school bus!

2. There are too many characters in the movie and it's kinda messy. And, how come only USA and China fighting the war?

3. If the aliens can destroyed Earth by drilling and sucking the molten core, why don't they do it in the first movie?

4. The disaster scenes lasted only a short while with buildings going up and coming down (seems targeting London only) and this supposed to be a disaster movie!

5. The friendly Alien looks like my round speakers... a bit lame.

6. If the aliens are so intelligent, they need not unleased their Queen which is a single point of failure. Once the Queen died, all the aliens run away ...hahahahha... They could easily win the war by sending the hordes of aliens to retrieve that errr...ball.

7. Though the Alien queen died, the aliens are just 2 mins from success. They need not drop everything and run for their life!  If USA can appoint another President, why can't the intelligent and advance aliens have a backup plan should their Queen died? hahahaha..

9. And, no Will Smith... 

Anyway, I love the CGI effect as well as the non-stopping actions in this movie which keeps you to the screen. Hope they do better in final trilogy. hahahaha... OK ok... don't suggest I apply for the Director role...LOL

Oh, it was a long wait at the CIQ due to Raya balik kampung last weekend and since it was late when I reached JB, I headed to Breeks at City Square for a good dinner.  And I had a combo set of Cajun fish and sirloin steak. It was awesome!

Cajun Chicken and Sirloin Steak Set
Have a nice weekend!

15 comments:

  1. Your western meat platter looks good. Have not been to a movie for so long - that day, my girl went to see Finding Dory, special offer - RM10.00 a ticket. RM10!!!!! My time, it was only 50 sen. Of course, I didn't want to join her. Tsk! Tsk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last time was cheap , I watched that 60 cents row for cartoons and after a while , I moved over to the back seats when there are no people occupying ! Muahahhaah

      Delete
    2. Yes, we all did that, didn't we? Those were the days. No more cinemas anymore, all cineplexes. Somehow, they're just not the same. :(

      Delete
  2. The movie no good?? I agreed on some American movies; they should just leave it there. No sequel etc. Just spoil your expectation.

    I love your dinner. A big platter to share with family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to lower my expectations before watching it ! Lol. However , it's entertaining if you let go all the critics.

      Delete
  3. I loves your dinner, but find quite heavy for dinner...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had wanted to watch this movie but got carried away by other movies. Now I better think twice as my head is not ready to watch messy movies. LOLOL Thank you for alerting me as I trust your taste better since we are coffee lovers. My DJ friend told me it was a superb movie! He is a DJ, so his head is messy and spins music daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm.. You should watch it and decide by yourself. Did you watch the prequel ?

      Delete
  5. hah..hah..I was very entertained by your review. No need to watch lah like that :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank God I did not watch this movie! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. As age is catching up, I am not so attracted by alien and thriller movies, as I know they are not real, just fiction

    But once in a while, can watch them for fun if not life would be too boring

    I intend to catch a movie soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. My hubby planned to watch this when we saw the trailer in the cinema.
    But don't know why, keep on delaying until now also haven't watch, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. have not not watched this movie. love the steak

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did not watch this movie. I am clever. LoL. I watched Finding Dory and Ninja Turtles and also Ice Age. Enjoyed Finding Dory and Ninja Turtles but find Ice Age quite draggy.

    ReplyDelete