7.10.10

Pro Ace UltraLight Badminton Racket

I walk into a dangerous zone this afternoon after lunch, and left with S$100 poorer! OK, don't get me wrong, I'm well and not robbed. I visited a badminton shop and again, got tempted with the varieties of rackets over there and got home a new racket - Pro Ace Ultralight. The S$100 came with a grip, bag and string. I guess it's very 'dangerous' for me to step into a badminton shop each time, especially those selling cheaper brands like Pro-Ace, Apacs, Fleet, Head and etc compare to the branded ones like Li-Ning and Yonex. I'm liken to a lady who went into a Gucci or LV shop! :P


Before this new acquisition, I have three rackets - My almost 16 years old Victor Lightning (which will remains as a souvenir for now), Apacs Nano Fusion Speed 976 and Head NanoPower 600. I've been using a 'posh' Yonex Armotec 700 (this was Lin Dan's favourite before he switched over to Li-Ning's racket) for three years but have sold it off recently as I don't have the shoulder power to wield this powerful gear, and always ended up with a shoulder injury.
Lin Dan with Yonex Armotec 700

I love my Apacs Nano Fusion Speed 976 as it's very light at 5U.Check out badminton weight units here. It's fast and easy to maneuver but then, I find that smashes were weak and not hard enough. I got a heavier Head NanoPower 600 at 3U, and I actually love it's wide body frame. It packs power but then, it's a little heavy for me especially towards the end of the two hour session.

Thus, I may have got my 'dream' racket today - a light 5U but slightly head heavy and wide-frame for power shots like smashes. It seems like this Pro-Ace Ultralight is a best seller though it has been around since 2008.
I haven't really tried it yet which I have to wait until next Tuesday and Wednesday for my next badminton sessions. However, the 'feel' of this racket seems good. Anyway, last but not least, at the end of the day, it's the skills that matters most  and not the gears.

Have a good weekend and enjoy badminton!

17 comments:

  1. The racket looks so cool! Do enjoy your game with your new racket, have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a Yonex...black one - bought in the late 70's or early 80's...but my daughter took it to college in Sg Petanui and when she left the place, she did not take it along! Bye-bye, racket! Sobs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alice - Thanks! It do looks great but you only if it's good after started using it. Btw, it's the skills that matters, thus, it won't make much diff to me I guess unless I'm a skillful player hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. suituapui - I know the racket you are talking abt - the classical Yonex Blacken. I used it before then in the 80s and it's a privilege to own one then. Anyway, it's a heavy and clunky metal now and you can get lighter ones out there with a cheap price.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow...bro, i m using PRo ace too but now hanging up in the store room now..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet you are looking forward to the "grand opening" hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh! I am so outdated in badminton now. I would be gasping and panting when I play them now. Good exerise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  9. reanaclaire - why? You retired from badminton already? hahha

    ReplyDelete
  10. smallkucing - yes!! of course!! definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Twilight - Can la..just play slowly and for shorter period and then increase gradually as times goes by. Choose a light racket first.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ron - Thanks for visiting my blog and following me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice racket!

    http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Chris, old days I used to have a Flight Commander, or Dunlops. Yonex had not arrived.
    I sure miss playing badminton.

    Not to worry, you buy, you sure to play. When you play, good exercise, keeps the doctor away. So good $100 investment....for health, ha ha. Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey bro..cleff wants yr number.. email to me..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Toyin - Thanks

    Uncle Lee - oh..never heard of that brand..haha...

    reanaclaire - I drop her a msg in facebook last sat.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you very much for sharing this cool Pro Ace UltraLight Badminton Racket! Really hope I could have one like this! Where can I buy it?

    ReplyDelete