23.11.15

New route!


Somehow when I am nearing a running event and after been training for it for months, I kinda got lazy during the last few weeks. Well, maybe I was running alone as well as feeling mentally tired to train for it. Well, it's just 2 weeks to go for the Standard Chartered Half-Marathon and I have been dragging myself to train lately...hahaha. It happened to the Sundown HM in last July where I slacked in the last three weeks, just ran 5km to 10KM only and I didn't do too well in that run.

Due to that, last Wednesday, I decided to try on a different route and it seems works. I managed 15KM on almost running on the border of the little town that I stayed in. Well, Singapore is small and the town's border is not big either, unlike Malaysia. However, it was great as I scaled the border of the town in a round as well as trying a new route. It was exciting and refreshing!

Oh.. and I rewarded myself with a ramen set at Ippudo in Orchard.

Salad for starter

Miso Tonkotsu Ramen

And a refreshing cold green tea!
Have a good week!

25 comments:

  1. Good that new route seems to be the answer for your training now.

    All the best for SCMS.

    And what a good meal you had there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lina. Now I understand why runners always try new routes!

      Delete
  2. Exercise alone really needs a lot of motivation, because I don't have exercise kaki, that is why always very lazy to go exercise alone, no company

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Libby - True, exercise alone can be boring but try to do something about it. Try to get some kakis.

      Delete
  3. My favourite Japanese place in town has closed down. Sobsssssss!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eh, the last picture looks like beer/chrysanthemum tea..

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did not come here for Penang Bridge Marathon? Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ken - Hope can do it next year, love to run there!

      Delete
  6. Nice new template.

    All the best on the coming event

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your salad looks interesting. Got broccoli.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so you are probably one who needs new things to keep you going huh?? great to hear that you finally got this worked for you, and with a new route you are actually running even more!! that's a good move, don't you think?? so better start to find other routes before you slack again, hehehe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really need new things la but somehow felt bored of the same route. Its like I know how far am I at a certain point in my old route and sometimes I dragged myself to run farther down. hahaha

      Delete
  9. ooh, Ippudo!! i have yet to try the Ippudo here in KL, so paiseh.. the salad and the ramen look good and tasty.. you never failed to reward yourself with some great Japanese food everytime after your run huh?? hehe.. but i think that's good, at least you got something to look forward to :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first time having ramen there! :)

      Delete
  10. Hello Uncle Chris, you need to slow down in your runs if you have no motivation when you are tired. You need to sleep well and early with less spammings in order to be fit as fiddle. Changing new routes may be good so long as you rest enough. You always reward yourself with food and what else?? Muahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. A good reward after a tough training. Good luck in your half-marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's Ippudo in KL too but I havent try that one out. Good luck in the upcoming half-marathon. .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why the green tea looks yellowish one? Hehe~

    ReplyDelete