28.11.14

Random Notes#7/2014 ...

1. Since the iPhone 6 was launched in Singapore in September, I always wanted to get one for my wifey as her older iPhone 4S, which she used for almost 4 years, is calling it a day. However, I am only eligible to recontract my line in November and since 1 November, I have been trying hard to check out the stocks at the local telco but the phones were always out of stocks. I continued to try for weeks till yesterday where I finally got it, and lucky too where I got the second last set. I cannot choose the colour as there's only silver left but then , silver looks good to me. Somehow, I preferred the smaller iPhone 6 than 6+ as I felt the latter is too big. My wifey too, she loves a smaller phone and I am glad I got this for her.
Still in the box and wrapped
2. I was at Orchard Road again today for my medical screening and managed to catch a glimpse of the Xmas street decors. Somehow, it doesn't look impressive to me but maybe it looks great at night when they lit up the lights. I only check out a portion of Orchard Road.

Orchard Road

The pathway leading to Paragon mall

Ngee Ann City at the opposite

A Xmas tree at Paragon

Another decor at the outside of Paragon

Tang's decor at the entrance
 3. I guess I am not going overseas for my year end vacation due to the peak season but will try to book early next year for cheaper options. Anyway, planning to take leaves in Dec and almost deciding my vacation plans. haha... It seems so difficult for me to decide this year, probably due to some distractions like my kid's compulsory 2 weeks tuition at his school, where I was informed last minute.

4. It was a relaxing afternoon after my medical screening as I went to coffee club in Wisma Atria for some bites before heading to the gym. I love the slice raspberry cake and cappuccino. I chose this place because it was less crowded and thus I can wind down after my medical tests, which was a staffs' benefit from my company. Glad that my ECG, Tonometry, Chest X-ray and prostate scan are fine, I am still awaiting for my blood test report, which was done 2 weeks ago.

The cake really looks good and delicious

First time at Coffee Club and find that their coffee is good.
It's Friday again and wish you guys a great and relaxing weekend! :)

38 comments:

  1. I am also going for my blood test, so scare as I am afraid of injection and needles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Libby - why worry ...no pain la...or very little pain only.

      Delete
  2. I like this random notes sharing of yours, thanks for sharing, by the way, this year end I am also not going overseas unlike last year year end I went Krabi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks libby. Sometimes I felt easier to write short notes.

      Delete
  3. It was always good to have a medical check up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Orchard Road always has the best Christmas decorations...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hb - yes , orchard road is the place to go during Xmas especially at night.

      Delete
  5. Wow so sweet of you to get that I-phone for wifey.. Yep Orchard Road is always a happening place, and also best Christmas decorations..That cake looks delicious,like vanilla and strawberry swiss roll, with custard in the middle..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Princess - haha ..her iphone 4s is almost calling it a day , time to change for her.

      Delete
  6. Used to go to Singapore December every year for the Orchard Road's Light Up for Christmas. Not anymore, not as nice...and everything's so so so so expensive. Heart pain, go there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STP - yeah the exchange rate can be quite lot ...but then we have to spend during holidays la..

      Delete
  7. wow, iPhone 6!!! so nice of you to get your wifey this handsome awesome phone.. and yes, iPhone 6 is already big(ger) and i will not want the bigger iPhone 6+ lah.. and actually getting a phone in SG is so much cheaper even can get for free.. over here, no such things, signed up plans we still need to fork out an exorbitant amount of money.. haiz!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - yeah ...its so much cheaper with a contract.

      Delete
  8. oh, Christmas decorations at Orchard Road.. this is always the highlight of the year huh?? the whole street is so nicely decorated, especially at night when all the lights are up.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - yes that's the time to be in during Xmas.

      Delete
  9. not going overseas for holidays?? never mind lah, i guess as long as you are with your wifey and two children, go anywhere also will be fun and everyone would appreciate the quality time spent together right?? so, still have not decided yet?? ah, if travel within Malaysia, i guess it will be easier and you don't need that much planning too, can even be impromptu trip!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK - true and I guess this year will save up for next year's trip. Haha

      Delete
  10. ah, nice cake and coffee!! the cake is topped with white cream, looks like frosted with snow, haha!! what a Christmassy feel that is~~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh. An early xmas present for wifey? ^^ lovely.

    Glad that your body exam result turned out good.

    Happy weekend, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks rose. It's all ok. Yes, early Xmas present for my wifey.

      Delete
  12. phewiitt... cool phone

    Lovely deco in orchard road. Maybe you will bump into sharon kot?

    Lovely weekend to you and family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kucing - time to get one for yourself too ! :)

      Delete
  13. What a nice phone for your wife! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How was your medical?

    Enjoy your year end vacation! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lina - still waiting for my blood test report.

      Delete
  15. I also prefer smaller phone.

    The street looks so happening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hayley - yeah but then I need a big phone like galaxy note ..haha... old liao, cannot see if it's too small. Ok for my wife la.

      Delete
  16. Come to Sunway. Their street lights decor are always beautiful this time of the year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merryn - If got time , I will come over. I miss Sunway's Old town. :)

      Delete
  17. Yes, i think many prefer iphone 6 over 6+

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ken - yeah but then i think I will go for 6+ cos Im getting old ..hahah...need a bigger phone.

      Delete
  18. Yet to visit any malls in KL or PJ....Looking forward to see the Christmas decor

    ReplyDelete
  19. i miss Orchard Road X'mas decor...Nite time would be best with those glittering lights and flashy X'mas tree along the street...

    ReplyDelete