21.11.13

Costa Victoria

I am back from the high sea! Yeah, I was on a cruise over the last weekend from Friday to Tuesday and it was my first time holidaying on a cruise. The experience was great, fun, relaxing and exciting too! I was quite nervous initially and the anxieties heightens when the ship was doing an emergency drill before the journey began. My kid too , was anxious as he keep asking us if we would fall onto the sea!  Anyway, all the anxieties subside after the ship began moving steadily and we were having our supper at 1am! Yeah, it's just eat and eat over there.

This was an Italian fleet of ships and what I understand is they only came to Singapore once or twice a year for a month for cruises to Phuket, Langkawi, Lombok, Semarang, Bali, Koh Samui and Kuantan. You can check out their website here.  

The Costa Victoria at Singapore's port. Taken while we were going on board. My kids were so excited that they were running up the steady pathway to the ship.

Her cabin... two double decker beds in our cabin. Initially I wanted a balcony cabin but it's not enough for the four of us as there was only 1 single bed. 

Pleasantly looking cabin with a small view of the sea

The party begins.... folks partying on the highest deck in the ship.

The swimming pool on the upper deck.

The pathway leading to our cabin. It was cold inside there.

One of the restaurants there serving breakfast buffet.

One of the bars

One of  the external deck at level 5

Some demonstration show on making food carvings by chefs

The shopping atrium selling luxury stuffs .... all in US dollars. 

A view of the cruise in the high sea

Sunset in  the Strait of Malacca


Another cafetaria at the back of the ship. Love having coffee here. The tea time buffet held here.

The planetarium atrium ... there was a performance here at certain hours

Yours truly on Costa Victoria

Another view of the main lobby at deck 5

A replica of the ship

A view of the beautiful swimming pool

Family portrait - bought this photo for US$20 ... sigh.... 
Overall, it was an unforgettable experience on board and I wouldn't mind going again. I especially love the variety of Italian food served there where I had almost 7 meals a day, as well as the excursion tours to Langkawi and Phuket. I will post more on these later. After I reached Singapore, I felt so surreal that I thought I am still in the sea. I guess my soul is still cruising with them while my physical body landed safely. LOL

17 comments:

  1. Wahhhhhh!!!! Orang kaya! Must be very expensive...and nicer than the local Star Cruises anytime. Not for me though - they say more for young people - a whole lot of fun and lots to eat. I'd probably sleep in the cabin all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. STP - Where got rich.... now all broke. Waiting for my credit card bill :( But it's really good out there in the high sea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loves the Sunset in the Strait of Malacca, very nice...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon - the sea is so beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely time. :) been meaning to take cruise but always takbjadi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kucing - Just go next time. It's family friendly.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Meitzeu - thanks for visiting my blog and yeah, there were lots of beautiful views there.

      Delete
  7. Wah sounds fun! Never been to a cruise before (except those gambling cruise for a day trip in Penang), i particularly like those facilities and the meals are awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ken - you should try those longer ones next time.

      Delete
  8. Nice family portrait!
    I also wanna try going on cruise la! Sounds so fun~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hayley - you have travelled to so many places but not go on cruise yet , it's high time for you to go!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Yee Ling - I'm looking forward to my next cruise !

      Delete
  10. Looks like a fantastic trip.... hope to go on a cruise one day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby Sumo - yes, at least go one time. It's nice !!

      Delete
  11. Heard a lot of bad reviews about Costa especially from those who have experienced Starcruise Virgo and Mariner of the Seas. I have tried all these and many other cruises Voyager of the Seas but will be on Costa Victoria in 2 weeks time to give my verdict. If you like cruises, the best so far in terms of activities and facilities go for Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas which got ice-skating rinks, rock climbing & more sports. Virgo caters more for Asians with more food choices.

    ReplyDelete